New Rossi Owner

Rossi's latest and past big game rifle based on the 336 frame!
bueller66

New Rossi Owner

Post by bueller66 »

Well I broke down and bought a Rossi Rio Grande in the Blued .410 I have never owned a Rossi or a levergun. I am a handgun guy but have always had a passion for old Lever Guns.
Well my Rossi has been a stubborn old girl but with some common sense and a little let's take this apart and find out why she has become my new FAVORITE toy in the world.
I love the Rio Grande. I have shopped around and no other Lever has the feel of this one....every other Lever I look at feels bulky and clunky. I am going to go out and get a Rio 30-30 next and can't wait!!!!! Need it for deer hunting.....410 will drop a deer but unfortunately illegal in Wisconsin.
But I am happy with the .410 because it is so versatile and she is just a slick little lever!!!!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Rossi Owner

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome to the forum! I think you might the first forum member with the 410. There has been some questions about them but no resident expert that I remember!
Michael
bueller66

Re: New Rossi Owner

Post by bueller66 »

Well if anyone needs any info on the .410 I will do my best to answer. I wish I had found this site sooner....I got to learn about Rio Grande's flying solo but from what I have read the .410 is no different from the other calibers and reacts to the same attention. I do have to say I had a good time "learning" Rossi on my own!