"Rossi Rifleman Riders"

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

"Rossi Rifleman Riders"

Post by akuser47 »

I am just starting this thread so that we no longer hijack the member intro thread. I am a big guy, I love to ride, shoot, hunt, and fish n camp. I long for the brotherhood I once had with a group I use to get to be a hangaround with, but that chapter in my life has closed. As I'm to tired of figthing and stupid things I want to have a social group of riders nothing mandatory only good times when there is time maybe someday. Fun safe rides hit the dragon once in a while. Hillbilly hotdogs once a year homewrecker is great. Maybe a few more runs to Sturgis, Bonfires a tent and some cold brew camping out. I love it, I do these things mentioned more alone than ever with anyone because of Old acqaintences, I use to think were friends always caused trouble. Either way I am happy with my heels in the breeze. I hope you all are rideing safe during this wonderful fall weather.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: "Rossi Rifleman Riders"

Post by Ranch Dog »

Hey AK, I set up a user's group for the Rossi Rifleman Riders and made you the group leader. Not real sure what that means but will read up on it. Group can message together along with some other features. Need to get a group icon made, something using the Rossi bullet or cartridge that I use for the other groups/ranks. There are some size limitations but I will figure that out.

Oh, I stuck this topic as well.

I set the group as open, forum members can join the group through their "User Control Panel", "Usergroups". Need you to describe the specifics of the group so that on this UCP page member can see what it is about.
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

My background is a little deep I have an uncle I will just say I grew up around him and his fellow biker brothers I was raised around him on and off in my younger life he got me my first mini bike a RUPP red and I thougth I was bad I even had a little leather vest they got for me when I was young. My next bike was a yamaha DT80 1982 model loved it I bought it by saving money washing harley's for the group. Then before I was really old enough or big enough he gave me a 1992 880 sporster said it was time to have american iron between my legs again. I was raised around and with hardcore guys. Thus me wanting to just at least talk about rideing and the good side to this awesome hobby not my life. My uncle was so upset with me when I got a honda I told him if he hates it so much buy me a rode king lol. I am not like them, I Love my uncle just cannot live that life. My mom was in and out of prison most my life and so was most others close to my family. This is just a little of my biker background. I am peacful and love to ride. Whatever I can afford that fits me.
I ride a 2005 VTX1800C specIII with alot of extras to make her faster when need be. She eats gas like a big girl.

I think any bike no matter make, model, or size qaulifies. Just a place here to share our rideing stories and such. Like today on state route 68 for whatever reason a heard of almost 25 doe crossed in front of me near camp berry boy scout camp. it was awesome they were like 20 feet in front of me. Only one maybe two young bucks hardly any points to them were in the rear following. Love it. I cannot believe they didn't run beens my bike is so loud. Thanks RD this could grow into a neat little group to swap riding stories with, I don't need to be a G.L. not that I mind either way. I like that we have this for riders and rossi lovers +guns
Last edited by akuser47 on 31 Dec 2013 19:39, edited 1 time in total.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Very interesting background and a beautiful machine! We will see where this goes as far as the group, I think it is a interesting side to the group we have; guns and awesome machines, what is not to like!
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

I've owned a few heavy hawgs in the day but have settled into a Honda "Shadow" 750 with a fantastically comfortable ramp seat. The creaky old frame doesn't lend itself to many hours at a time sitting on a "crotch rocket" so the days of the 2 week long cross continent bike tours and bucking heat, wind, sleet, hail, rain, bugs & ignorant car drivers as glorious as they were are over.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

Here is my last motorcycle which has been gone for a number of years now. Though through most of my life both my wife and I have had bikes and cars. The picture is of my grand daughter about 8 years old who is now 21 married with a 18 month girl of her own.
thebike.jpg
This bike was my first full chopper I built in 1973 around a Honda 750. This bike won best chopper in 75 Houston Bike show beating out about 60 other bikes in its class. Sorry for the picture quality but the only remaining picture of it after Hurricane Andrew hit us in Homestead Florida.
honda750.jpg
My current toy that is now up for sale is a 90 Mustang GT setup for road racing.
Front.jpg
My current project is converting a 14' U-Haul Box truck into a camper for 2 people. No pictures of it yet but will follow as I actually begin the modifications.

Oh and Ranch Dog, I lived in the Beaumont area of Texas from 69 - 79 and that is where the picture of my grand daughter and bike was taken.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Joe
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Nice, I had a suzuki intruder 1994 model . 800 cc but fun comfy bike just felt like a moped under me. I had a honda 650 classic for a short time as welll another fine bike itself it was an mid to late 80's model i think.
I found a pic of my intruder. What have you done to your motor in the pony their original 5.0 or somthing else just curius is all nice toys for sure.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

My current bike and a video how she sounds
donhuff
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by donhuff »

vrod.jpg
2006 V-Rod/night rod

It is my first road bike. I've had several dirt bikes in the past. I almost never ride it. Only has 4800 miles on the meter. But I'm on the 4th rear tire already, :lol: it's all to easy to be rolling 10 mph and pull in the clutch, twist the go handle all the way to the stop and let go of the clutch. It'll spin while bouncing on and off the rev limiter, for 80-100+ feet. My son can spin it 12-15' when he hits second, but I haven't gotten that one yet. I don't know where he gets that from :mrgreen:

I've only made one group ride and that was enough for me. I was in the back cause I was late and trying to catch up, and the motorcycle cop who was tending the rear of the pack was motioning me to speed up and catch the pack. I looked down and I was doing 95! I gave it enough throttle to leave the cop behind. When he caught up with me and the pack, he gave me a thumbs up!
We hit a long straight and I looked ahead in time to see a ford ranger about 20 feet in the air rolling upside down and landing in among the scattering motorcycles!!!!! The driver did not notice the PU truck that had stopped in his lane, to watch "the parade". Luckily for the drivers, most of the riders were firemen and paramedics. We sat there for 2 1/2 hours while they flew them out in helicopters and cleaned up the mess. Oh, all the bike riders managed to see it coming and got out of the way...WHEW!! Yep ....I'm headed to the house!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don Huff

to bad those that know it all, cant do it all!
16" SS 92 357
20" BL 92 357
20" SS 92 44
20" BL 92 44
20" Bl 92 45C
20" Bl 92 454
SS Rio Grande 30-30
Bl Rio Grande 45-70
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Nice bike plenty of power. I like finding desolate roads to enjoy with one or two buddies. Or alone either way I like to be able to slow down and put put along if I wish to do so at times. My fav. ride was in NC riding the dragons tail awesome riding. like 10 miles of over 250 curves or more. Great views low speeds and awesome the downside two many idiots are on crotchrockets trying to take 25 mph turns at 70mph. If you ever get the chance check it out it is fun. My bike weighs around 900 lbs without me on it with that weigth and me added the rear tires never last long plus burnouts showing off. I am going to the darkside for my next rear tire putting a car tire on On vtx1800's most bike tire rears average less than 10000 miles till it starts cupping. I have been seeing vtx's with car tires have over 30000 to 40000 and the tire still looks new. michelin hydroedge 205/65/16 maybe.
Last edited by akuser47 on 23 Oct 2013 10:14, edited 1 time in total.