Second Range Day With Rio Grande And New Club !

Rossi's latest and past big game rifle based on the 336 frame!
wll

Second Range Day With Rio Grande And New Club !

Post by wll »

So I made it out to my new shooting club out here in Lancaster, CA.

Used to belong to Desert marksman years ago and just rejoined. I went just to see the old range and test fire the Rio Grande after installing .500 marbles front sight. Well I bought a 1/16 brass dot and for these tired eyes it is just to small., so i ordered a 3/32 in .500 and .530.

I still may be shooting a little high, maybe 8 inches, but can't tell as I fired only a few shots. I will go back when I get the new sights and then buckle her down. She definitely is a big boomer and I can hardly start loading for her.

Also took my Mosin Nagant and that gun shoots high, I will cover the front sight pin with a thin straw or cotter pin to make it longer, need about .100 I believe.

All and all a good day, nice to get out and shoot a bit. I have a safety new members meeting next Sunday, looking forward to it !

wll
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: Second Range Day With Rio Grande And New Club !

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

Sounds like you had a good day. Any day shooting is a good day.... :lol: Been raining here since last night on and off. I did send about 10 rounds of 45-70 down range yesterday so my shoulder needs some rest. And its Sunday so that means reloading and football in no particular order or at the same time. :?
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

wll

Re: Second Range Day With Rio Grande And New Club !

Post by wll »

Tuco Ramirez wrote:Sounds like you had a good day. Any day shooting is a good day.... :lol: Been raining here since last night on and off. I did send about 10 rounds of 45-70 down range yesterday so my shoulder needs some rest. And its Sunday so that means reloading and football in no particular order or at the same time. :?
While your at it, reload some 45-70 for me until my powder comes in :D

wll