Carrying IRONY from the ridiculous to the sublime level

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Carrying IRONY from the ridiculous to the sublime level

Post by pricedo »

I've been listening to TV anchors all week babbling about gun (OUR guns) control as the "fix all" for all the gun violence in America & in the same breath praising the virtues of the new video game "Grand Theft Auto 5" which is essentially an interactive blood bath on plastic with our kids as the targeted market base. :evil:

What's wrong with that picture? :?: :?: :?:

In one gasp the media-at-large (includes video games and the internet) decries violence and in the next extols its virtues and marketability.............you can't blow and suck at the same time. I guess gun violence is OK when your selling it for $50 a copy.

I have nothing against guns or the video game but what message are you sending media? Is violence cool & fun or reprehensible cause right now I'm getting mixed messages? What messages are our kids getting?

*Piers Morgan has been absolutely nauseating all week since the naval base mass shootings.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Carrying IRONY from the ridiculous to the sublime level

Post by akuser47 »

I think some of the media get told or paid or ordered for their opinions. I agree, I saw that as well and was laughing. I think it took the wind out of their sails when they were corrected about the first assumption that the recent shooter supposedly had an ar when it was later proved it was a shotgun. LoL Funny how fast those words assault weapon are used even when it is uncomfirmed. I like that game, I think I am gonna buy it soon. lol
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

akuser47 wrote:I think some of the media get told or paid or ordered for their opinions. I agree, I saw that as well and was laughing. I think it took the wind out of their sails when they were corrected about the first assumption that the recent shooter supposedly had an ar when it was later proved it was a shotgun. LoL Funny how fast those words assault weapon are used even when it is uncomfirmed. I like that game, I think I am gonna buy it soon. lol
Don't buy the game !!! :shock: :shock: .........it will warp your mind & turn you into an incorrigible gun owner. :lol:

Being wrong never stopped Piers Morgan or even elicited an apology from him.........his inane 85 decibel rambling never misses a beat no matter how many times he is corrected or proven wrong........he was the first I heard say the firearm was an ASSAULT RIFLE.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

pricedo wrote:
akuser47 wrote:I think some of the media get told or paid or ordered for their opinions. I agree, I saw that as well and was laughing. I think it took the wind out of their sails when they were corrected about the first assumption that the recent shooter supposedly had an ar when it was later proved it was a shotgun. LoL Funny how fast those words assault weapon are used even when it is uncomfirmed. I like that game, I think I am gonna buy it soon. lol
Don't buy the game !!! :shock: :shock: .........it will warp your mind & turn you into an incorrigible gun owner. :lol:

Being wrong never stopped Piers Morgan or even elicited an apology from him.........his inane 85 decibel rambling never misses a beat no matter how many times he is corrected or proven wrong........he was the first I heard say the firearm was an ASSAULT RIFLE.
Agreed He has many times spoke of uncomfirmed info for each tragic shooting and many other stories as well. It inrages me though when they have fact checkers that should have been able to verify. This can be an issue even with fact checkers, because over half of the police I have meet and seen on tv misidentify weapons because they only know their duty weapons. I saw some dea show where they were calling a tec nine type semi auto an automatic ak! LoL that was DEA agents on television. LoL I have seen so many cops misidentify guns. When the chief of police signs the report then it is what they say. LoL Funny how that works. We as gun owners are on the midslop of 50degree mudlslid ridden hill and the politicians are throwing rocks as we climb up to try and see what truth may exist at the top. I hope we all have some deep waders to wear. :) As for the game I still pop in the older one I have. It is fun to destroy the car that cuts me off in the game. I can legaly road rage in the game that makes me laugh. I will wait till it goes down in price and get it used.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!