Well... we made it. We are a year old!

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Dan 444
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Well... we made it. We are a year old!

Post by Dan 444 »

This is a terrific forum. Won't be long before we have 444 members......... :D

Dan
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Nice pun :lol: I do agree we are steady and continue to grow I am glad of this for sure.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
mlcompound

Post by mlcompound »

Congrats! I found it about a month ago and I got my first Rossi r92 Wednesday. I plan on reaping and sowing to the best of my ability.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
AhnkoChee
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by AhnkoChee »

Happy anniversary! Good to see the forum going strong. I hope more Rossi owners discover this place. With all the new firearms that Rossi seems to be coming up with each year I can only see this forum grow.
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
g5m

Post by g5m »

And Congratulations! for the anniversary. It's a nice forum and I'm glad it was referenced elsewhere so that I could join it.
And, it'll soon be a second anniversary!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Has anyone else noticed :?:
Maybe it's just because it's summer & members are outside doing summer stuff.
Actually being at the range or in the field shooting when the weather is nice is better than talking about shooting.
But it appears that forum activity has "flat-lined" even from what it was this time last year when it was still a novelty. :shock:
It wasn't very often last year this time when I checked the site that there were no new posts.........now it's more often than not.
Maybe it's just me.
I wonder what the hit stats are compared to last year :?:
Just curious. +corn
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

pricedo wrote:I wonder what the hit stats are compared to last year :?:
Just curious. +corn
Just as flat. It seems that July 4th always signals the start of the flat line and it pretty much starts back up the first week of September. For both years running, October is the heaviest traffic. Makes sense to me.

As of today we have 631 member. There are 78 members (12%) that have registered but have not been back through a login. These members are weeded out at the one year level, their user accounts are deleted. There are 271 Newly Registered members (43%) with 1 to 5 posts. It is hard to tell what this group will do. Some come here to ask one question and that is it. There are 143 Newly Registered members (23%) with zero posts. If this group fails to login for a year, their user accounts are deleted as well. Finally, there are 139 active members (22%).

I could have made this easier to read in a table but it is a good time to remind lurkers that inactive accounts, never logged in after registration, are bumped out after a year. Also, accounts with zero posts that have not logged in for 365 days are bumped out as well. Accounts with one or more posts are never deleted. I do these prunes so that our member numbers will never be inflated. I've been a moderator on several large forums that boast big member numbers in the tens of thousands but the truth of the matter is that about two thirds of that total falls into these two categories that are pruned here (one third).

I'm going to subscribe to this topic and will come back to it with the same report next year at this time to see how we are doing.
Michael
picketpin

Post by picketpin »

"I could have made this easier to read in a table but it is a good time to remind lurkers that inactive accounts, never logged in after registration, are bumped out after a year."

Ah, so this is why i disappeared a while back.. not so bad I just re-registered with the same pw and name.. Do I need to talk more?

Thanks Michael for a great place for us to talk and share our shooting experiences!!

James
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

picketpin wrote:Ah, so this is why i disappeared a while back.. not so bad I just re-registered with the same pw and name.
Yeap, that's why.
picketpin wrote:Do I need to talk more?
You have done it! One post is all it takes to stick your user account.
Michael
Deleted User 547

Post by Deleted User 547 »

Glad it's going well. There is a ton of good info here and some good guys too. Hunting season will bring back the gunners :-)

First it's pretty tires, then it's pretty guns. The next thing you know you're shaving your beard and wearing Capri pants.