First squirrel with my marlin xt-22

Whether plinking or chasing big game, tell us about your day outdoors!
Deleted User 547

First squirrel with my marlin xt-22

Post by Deleted User 547 »

Been trying to figure out where all the damn bird sees has been going. Saw two squirrels basically hang the dang feeder on its side and empty it this morning. Well the lady doesn't approve of squirrel killin' so I waited til she left. Been keeping an eye on it all day. A few minutes ago I spotted the duo running up and down the tree next to the feeder. Popped one and let the buddy run off to tell the others it ain't safe round here. Lol.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: First squirrel with my marlin xt-22

Post by akuser47 »

Always them darn varmints we have chipmunks now. I don't remeber chipmunks being in my area before, but low and behold. Squirrels and monks working together to raid the feeders. I cannot shoot them I live in town not safe being sorrounded by neihbers all around I kinda like the monks though. :cry:
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

prsman23 wrote:Been trying to figure out where all the damn bird sees has been going. Saw two squirrels basically hang the dang feeder on its side and empty it this morning. Well the lady doesn't approve of squirrel killin' so I waited til she left. Been keeping an eye on it all day. A few minutes ago I spotted the duo running up and down the tree next to the feeder. Popped one and let the buddy run off to tell the others it ain't safe round here. Lol.
Hahh! That ought to teach them! I had a "sounder" of racoons tearing the heck out of everything around the ranch houses as of late. My Marlin 39A took seven of them this week.
Michael
Deleted User 547

Post by Deleted User 547 »

Had to play dumb when the missed caught the cat chewing on the squirrels face haha. "The cat must have caught the poor thing eating the bird seed"
:-D
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Yeah, cat is quick as lightning!
Michael
44-40 Willy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 44-40 Willy »

Getting about time of the year to start shooting squirrels out of my pecan and hickory trees. As long as the leaves are on the trees, I'll use a shotgun. But once the leaves fall, I'll break out the Rossis.
Navy Arms 1892 - 357 Mag - 24" Octagon heavy barrel.
Rossi 62 Octagon 22LR