Might have seen funny stuff tonight

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Might have seen funny stuff tonight

Post by Ranch Dog »

While I worked on the forum. Since I made the switch to this new theme (background) like "thumbs up" "thanks" button was not appearing. If you moused over the area you could have used it but the icon would just not present itself. Ended up having to delete all the templates and reinstall them, despite being a stack of file, it only took about 30 seconds but you might have seen some type of error. Anyway, all is up and running well in the background and I should not need to mess with anything for quite awhile as the forum will now be on autopilot as far as code updates are concerned.
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Might have seen funny stuff tonight

Post by pricedo »

Back on our old "Marlin Owners" stomping grounds they're calling them "likes" instead of "thanks" now. :mrgreen:
I still don't see the "thank" icon on our new blue user interface here on the RR board not that I looked that hard. :?:
The board could conceivably survive a day or longer without it. +corn
The old brown format was kinda more relaxing, natural and outdoorsy like a day in late autumn with all the dead leaves on the ground. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

It will appear when your clear browser's cache (cntrl F5 in most cases). The brown took a lot of maintaining as it was something I designed. Just wasn't interested in keeping up with it anymore. Took too much time away from my free time. Something had to give.
The old brown format was kinda more relaxing, natural and outdoorsy like a day in late autumn with all the dead leaves on the ground.
That was what I was trying to create when I colored the templates, I just didn't realize how much work it would take over the life of the forum. Think of this new format as "gun metal"!
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Sorry to say the thanks is gone I see no option for it . is it still supposed to be or did I skip that part when reading :geek: I sometimes miss important info LoL
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

It will be there the next time your browser's cache is cleared and browser has to reload the templates. This can also be accomplished by pressing the cntrl & F5 keys together with most browsers.
Clipboard01.jpg
Your reply as viewed on my browser. As a note, the "Thanks" icon does not appear in your posts. In other words I don't see the thanks icon in any of my posts, just all other users post. The logic in that is that you cannot "thank" yourself.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

true lol sorry for wasteing you time I restarted my puter after clearing all history and catch and it was back so all is good. I had not restarted my sytem in a while.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

akuser47 wrote:true lol sorry for wasteing you time I restarted my puter after clearing all history and catch and it was back so all is good. I had not restarted my sytem in a while.
Explaining the nuts and bolt stuff is never a waste of time. Alway a good idea to clean it up once in awhile!
Michael
Missionary
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Missionary »

Greetings
I appreciate your work in making this a fun place to be. I am no computer savy person.. I like wrenches and moving parts. I have no idea what goes into all this but I do know I sent every Rossi shooter I come across to look the sight over.
Mike in Peru
Way down south in Arequipa, Peru till June 2020.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Missionary wrote:I have no idea what goes into all this but I do know I sent every Rossi shooter I come across to look the sight over.
Thanks Mike for your comments and I appreciate your effort. I really believe that in a very short time we, the members here, have built up a significant amount of information about the Rossi products and I really like being part of it!
Michael