New sights amazingly dead on

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

New sights amazingly dead on

Post by joec »

Well guys I picked up new sights for my Rossi 92 45 Colt a couple of weeks ago from the Steve Gunz site. I bought the Winchester buckhorn rear sight and the pearl bead front sight. Now I simply remove the originals and installed the new. I lined them up buy eye figuring if I needed adjustment being I shoot at Bud's indoor range I could get it done while there. Now I shot a number of loads, 200 gr cast and 250 gr both with Trialboss, as well as some 290 gr RD pounders loaded with Lil'Gun. I was shocked as the first round was dead on with all the rest with in a 2" group at 25 yards. Tonight I bought some lottery tickets as it was pure luck to get them that close with out measure. Now some loads where low and the RD where dead center. I sighted for the center line on the target but all where with in a 1/2" of the vertical center line but do to powder/bullet combinations I expected elevation to be somewhat different. Last time I did this years ago with much younger eyes I was way right. Go figure but I guess it is true what they say even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. :D
Joe
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New sights amazingly dead on

Post by Ranch Dog »

joec wrote:Go figure but I guess it is true what they say even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. :D
Yeah! You take it and run! It's nice when things come together!
Michael
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

Ranch Dog wrote:
joec wrote:Go figure but I guess it is true what they say even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. :D
Yeah! You take it and run! It's nice when things come together!
I figured if I tried to install a million of them I wouldn't get them this close without gauges or guides. :D Now if I can get to the out door range and see how it is at 50 yards and 100 yards.
Joe
phonejack

Post by phonejack »

Congrats !