Lee-Loader Forum

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Ninety Caliber

Re: Lee-Loader Forum

Post by Ninety Caliber »

pricedo wrote:Just a few remarks:

Let's take a big deep breath & relax.

1) the "personal information" we share with the administrator of this forum RD is very minimal (a non-identifying screen name, birth date, location) and the "information" is not verified or vetted (those who are very sensitive about privacy stuff could very well provide bogus data in these fields). It's not like RR or LL were vending websites like your Cabelas or Amazon online accounts containing specific name, address, phone number & banking and credit card information.

2) the custodian of the information on both the RR and LL forums is the same person RD whom I've never met personally but trust implicitly by instinct judging from the daily dialogue on this forum. After 60+ years on this planet it doesn't take long to separate the good guys from the bad guys and RD is definitely a good guy.

3) in the transition from RR to LL I'm reasonably sure that no new person or entity was given access to the rather scanty/unverified (might not even be true) personal "information" we provide to join these forums.

I can see that some might not own or like LEE products and don't want to be identified in that context. If that is the case then it is understandable to ask that their profile be removed from the LL site. I'm sure that wish would be very easily accommodated by the administrator without much adieu or fanfare.......a lot less painful than a root canal. :mrgreen:
Plus one!!!!
N.C.
Rooster59
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Rooster59 »

I won't be very active for a couple weeks due to a heavy work load. Hold my place till I get time to check in and get my feet wet. :)

PS. Is it Tapatalk enabled? If so, do I need to go online via computer before using Tapatalk?
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me." Willard Duncan Vandiver
Deleted User 547

Post by Deleted User 547 »

It's on tapatalk. I've only gone to the site once to put in my location. Other than that all mobile for me.
cpt-t

Post by cpt-t »

Ranch Dog: Thanks for all your help. I can barely turn my computor off and on. I hope to learn more about LEE RELOADING products. I use a few of them already, but am looking at mabey a progressive press. Again thanks for your help.
ken
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

cpt-t wrote:Ranch Dog: Thanks for all your help. I can barely turn my computor off and on. I hope to learn more about LEE RELOADING products. I use a few of them already, but am looking at mabey a progressive press. Again thanks for your help.
ken
You are welcome Ken.
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

I'm not into the myopic dedication thing like some.
I like Rossi products and I like Lee products.
I own several Rossi firearms and most of the reloading stuff I still use is Lee.
They both have their strong and weak points which I'm prepared to discuss objectively in the cold harsh light of reality.
But I'm not about to dump my Marlins, Winchesters, Brownings and own exclusively Rossi firearms or my RCBS, Hornady, Redding or Lyman equipment in favor of Lee.
My fully automated electronic RCBS 1500 powder measure/scale and the RCBS multi-station case preparation unit have yet to be equaled by any other company.
They all sell good products but some do certain things better than others.
I like to mix & match and advantage myself of the best features of each brand.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Deleted User 327

Post by Deleted User 327 »

Ranch Dog wrote:
COSteve wrote:I have sent an email to the Lee forum requiring that all of my information be removed from the Lee-Loader forum immediately as I gave no permission to be included in it, have no desire to be on it, nor have no Lee reloading presses.

I feel that this action is a violation of the intent of the Rossi forum and deeply resent my personal information being provided to another forum that I have no interest in.
I responded to your email. Would you like your user account deleted on this forum?
No, not at this time as I remain interested in this forum. That said, I don't appreciate being signed up for anything automatically. I consider it a breach of trust.
Model 52
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Model 52 »

I did not see anything that suggests a member "only" has to own Lee equipment. Most re-loaders are pretty eclectic if they've been doing it very long, so having a few Lee items among a host of others is probably the norm.

With that said, I like seeing the other equipment sections as is the case with the "Non-Rossi Lever Guns" and "All Other Firearms" sections the Rossi forum, as it lets you exchange thoughts on other brands with the same people who already know on-line.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Model 52 wrote:I did not see anything that suggests a member "only" has to own Lee equipment. Most re-loaders are pretty eclectic if they've been doing it very long, so having a few Lee items among a host of others is probably the norm.

With that said, I like seeing the other equipment sections as is the case with the "Non-Rossi Lever Guns" and "All Other Firearms" sections the Rossi forum, as it lets you exchange thoughts on other brands with the same people who already know on-line.
My gun safe statistics and in-use field statistics are markedly different.
When you see me hunting in the field well over 80% of the time I'll be carrying one of my Rossi rifles.....usually the M92/454 with the 335 grain hc-lead loads in the magazine & cartridge loops.........light as a feather......holds lots of rounds.........slick, smooth & beautiful and packs alotta punch.
And when I'm at the loading bench the press in front of me will be a LEE and the die in the chuck will also be a Lee 95% of the time.
I'm in love with that Rossi M92/454 with the leather butt stock cover and the rich Tru-Oil finish and not a single lawyers safety or hammer lock sticking out like sore thumbs to give away the show.
I get offers for that gun just about every time I take it to hunt camp or the range.......you'd think that gun was Brittany Spears back in her trim & slim days the stares and compliments it gets.
I particularly like the, "what year was that gun made in?" and "howdidjah keep it in such great shape over the years?" and "it musta costyah a fortune" comments. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Fullthrottle

Post by Fullthrottle »

COSteve wrote:
Ranch Dog wrote:
COSteve wrote:I have sent an email to the Lee forum requiring that all of my information be removed from the Lee-Loader forum immediately as I gave no permission to be included in it, have no desire to be on it, nor have no Lee reloading presses.

I feel that this action is a violation of the intent of the Rossi forum and deeply resent my personal information being provided to another forum that I have no interest in.
I responded to your email. Would you like your user account deleted on this forum?
No, not at this time as I remain interested in this forum. That said, I don't appreciate being signed up for anything automatically. I consider it a breach of trust.
WOW, sorry you view it that way! You are entitled to your thoughts and opinions. I, on the other hand was thankful for the invite to a forum that was so close to this one! No I have no "horse in the race" for the Lee forum.

I thank you RD for the invite!