Lee's Powder Handling Tools

Extend your shooting experience while reducing the cost of your ammunition!
Dan 444
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Lee's Powder Handling Tools

Post by Dan 444 »

With a few exceptions, my reloading equipment is Lee. Good value for the money. Never had a problem and they have excellent service for special order custom items.

Dan
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

almost all of my reloading tools are Lee. As a fairly "low volume" reloader I use nothing but a Lee "Hand Press" and use all Lee 4 die sets (.38/.357, .44 mag, .45 acp) except for one set of RCBS .30-30 dies. As little range time as I have now, and with little in the availability of components, I can easily keep up a good supply of loaded ammo. I still have several loads of .44 mag to range test in my 92 as well as several test loads in .30-30 for the old Marlin that really need to see some quality time on the range. For handgun and most small rifle rounds, the hand press is just as fast (if not more so), and often more comfortable than most bench mounted single stage presses. I think Lee had a real winner with the Hand Press (particularly with the quick lock bushings set for every die). My entire reloading tool set can be easily carried in a fairly small tool box (other than components), and used almost anywhere. I'm still using a borrowed PACT digital scale (for every load), and looking for a comparable replacement so I can return it. Slow, maybe ... I spent about three quality "me" hours Saturday and loaded 100 rounds of .38 spl, 100 rounds of .45 acp and 50 rounds of .357 mag (brass was already resized, clean, primer, flared), and had some brass in the u-s cleaner going at the same time.

I really need to take some range time .... I'm almost out of clean brass to reload :D

surv
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

mr surveyor wrote:almost all of my reloading tools are Lee. As a fairly "low volume" reloader I use nothing but a Lee "Hand Press" and use all Lee 4 die sets (.38/.357, .44 mag, .45 acp) except for one set of RCBS .30-30 dies. As little range time as I have now, and with little in the availability of components, I can easily keep up a good supply of loaded ammo. I still have several loads of .44 mag to range test in my 92 as well as several test loads in .30-30 for the old Marlin that really need to see some quality time on the range. For handgun and most small rifle rounds, the hand press is just as fast (if not more so), and often more comfortable than most bench mounted single stage presses. I think Lee had a real winner with the Hand Press (particularly with the quick lock bushings set for every die). My entire reloading tool set can be easily carried in a fairly small tool box (other than components), and used almost anywhere. I'm still using a borrowed PACT digital scale (for every load), and looking for a comparable replacement so I can return it. Slow, maybe ... I spent about three quality "me" hours Saturday and loaded 100 rounds of .38 spl, 100 rounds of .45 acp and 50 rounds of .357 mag (brass was already resized, clean, primer, flared), and had some brass in the u-s cleaner going at the same time.

I really need to take some range time .... I'm almost out of clean brass to reload :D

surv
I also have the Lee Hand Press I use at cowboy shoots to deprime with the universal decapping die and get the brass in to soapy water. Black powder will really eat up brass once fired in a few hours. I did use it to prime some brass shot shells recently when I needed 4 to finish a meet. I load them with black powder also.
Joe
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

I have at least 3 of the inexpensive Lee Hand Presses around as well as 2 or 3 sets of the little yellow powder measuring dippers with the handy cardboard sliding scale that tells you how much of each powder by weight and volume each dipper holds.
I must own at least 5 mechanical powder scales of various makes & 2 or 3 case trimmers from hand turned to electric.
Most of my case trimming is done with the Lee cutter & arbor kits.......nothing to set up and nothing to prepare........just pick it up screw in the proper arbor for the cartridge you're reloading and use it...... you get exactly the same case length each & every time.
I used to use the dippers before I bought the completely automated RCBS Charge Master 1500 to scoop an approximate charge into the mechanical scales pan..........saved a lot of guesstimating and "trickle-time".
Now with the 1500 I get an exact weighed charge with each press of the button and all the preliminaries & error pitfalls have been circumvented.
I do a check on the Charge Master 1500 every 50 or so charges with a mechanical scale to make sure it is dispensing accurate charges.........it is invariably DEAD-ON accurate.

***I must have more reloading equipment than Brownells :lol: .............MOST of the reloading equipment I actually USE is made by Lee because their stuff simplifies tasks and thus reduces reloading time & error margins.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

pricedo wrote:Time to engage lee-loader.com......."warp factor 1 Mr. Zulu". :mrgreen:
I'm up in northern Louisiana waiting for another grandchild to "hatch" so I've been working on Lee-loader.com during my down time. The theme, formatting, and features will mirror this forum. It takes quite a bit of work but I'm getting there. When I finish up I will import all Rossi-Rifle members into that forum so that you will not need to register.
Michael
.Dirty-.Thirty

Post by .Dirty-.Thirty »

Looking forward to the Lee-Loader forum, I have some questions on some Lee products of interest at the moment. Keep us posted!!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

.Dirty-.Thirty wrote:Looking forward to the Lee-Loader forum, I have some questions on some Lee products of interest at the moment. Keep us posted!!
I'm shooting for a July 1, opening but might have it open sooner.
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote:
pricedo wrote:Time to engage lee-loader.com......."warp factor 1 Mr. Zulu". :mrgreen:
I'm up in northern Louisiana waiting for another grandchild to "hatch" so I've been working on Lee-loader.com during my down time. The theme, formatting, and features will mirror this forum. It takes quite a bit of work but I'm getting there. When I finish up I will import all Rossi-Rifle members into that forum so that you will not need to register.
Good plan !
I love Lee products.
Remember when RCBS and the reloading "heavies" were denigrating the Lee Factory Crimp Dies and how they would deform the bullet & destroy accuracy.........as it turned out nothing could have been further from the truth.
You can't refute proven in-the-field performance.
Rossi & Lee.....a whole lotta bang for the buck. +guns

** hope the newest RD is born robust & healthy
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Ranch Dog wrote:
Thank you. and congrats on the incoming grandchild.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
44-40 Willy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 44-40 Willy »

Congrats on the grandchild!

Except for a couple of die sets, my reloading gear is pretty much all Lee. I've heard people say that the Lee scales are difficult to use, but I've never had a problem with them. I also use the scoops and the Perfect Powder measure.
Navy Arms 1892 - 357 Mag - 24" Octagon heavy barrel.
Rossi 62 Octagon 22LR