Here is my Puma "Scout"

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Here is my Puma "Scout"

Post by Ranch Dog »

priced wrote: If Rossi could make a decent 86/71 and keep the safety junk off of it I'd buy one. Hiring a QC inspector so substandard guns don't make it into the shipping boxes does a lot more for shooter safety than adding a redundant hammer lock or firing pin safety to a gun with an already more than adequate half-cock safety. Fewer "lemons" would increase customer confidence in the Rossi brand name which isn't all that great at the present time.
That's hitting the nail on the head!
Michael
AnthonyB

Post by AnthonyB »

What I really want is a 92 with a clean, low profile mount for a red dot sight. I was excited by the announcement of the Rossi Scout, but haven't seen one and want a lower mount than pictured.
Tony
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

AnthonyB wrote:What I really want is a 92 with a clean, low profile mount for a red dot sight. I was excited by the announcement of the Rossi Scout, but haven't seen one and want a lower mount than pictured.
Tony
If it is any lower, I don't think you will want the comb attached to these rifles. The line of sight would be too high in the present configuration. The crosshairs are exactly 1.51" over the center of the bore. The comb is perfect but if the scope was any lower I would be looking over it.
Michael