Official R92 Picture Thread

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Arktikos
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Official R92 Picture Thread

Post by Arktikos »

Ranch Dog wrote:Very nice!

11°! This Texan would croak! I would rather face 100°!
Not me.. I would die of heat stroke! Or simply melt away... :P
"There are no bad weather days in the north country, only poor clothing choices.."
No such thing as bad weather in Alaska, just lousy clothing choices!
Arktikos
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Arktikos »

0369 wrote:I went for a walk this morning with my 92 and was going to call coyotes for the first time since December. It was 11 degrees, quiet, with lots of turkey, coyote and deer tracks so I tucked into a tree line for my first stand and blew on the call....... Nothing. Come to find out the reed disappeared some how and it was the only one I brought. All was not lost since I saw a nice sized deer courious about me watching from about 60 yards away and I got a nice picture of the 92.

Thats awesome...

Post by 0369 »

I just noticed how much the lighting and the paste wax on the stock makes it look like an expensive piece of walnut. Arktikos, if my wife wouldn't mind the rain, I think she'd go for your area, but I'd rather be in the interior. Where ever we end up must be rural with good hunting and fishing with a place to shoot. 12 years in Milwaukee is more than enough.
Arktikos
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Arktikos »

0369 wrote:I just noticed how much the lighting and the paste wax on the stock makes it look like an expensive piece of walnut. Arktikos, if my wife wouldn't mind the rain, I think she'd go for your area, but I'd rather be in the interior. Where ever we end up must be rural with good hunting and fishing with a place to shoot. 12 years in Milwaukee is more than enough.
I will always love and miss the interior, but rain country is our place now. I think you would find everything you want so long as you steer clear of the greater Anchorage area.

Post by 0369 »

I sure wouldn't go to Anchorage, too big. I like my peace and quiet without crime.
44-40 Willy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 44-40 Willy »

I grew up on the Texas/Arkansas state line and I've got to where I'd much rather have cold weather than hot. I can always put on more clothes for the cold, but can only take off so much for the heat.
Navy Arms 1892 - 357 Mag - 24" Octagon heavy barrel.
Rossi 62 Octagon 22LR

Post by 0369 »

That's what I say about Wisconsin, 44-40 Willy. I have some friends moving to Georgia today and they don't know what they're getting into. I basicly told them our worst days in the summer here are for three months down there with the heat and humidity. I guess if someone had the money, being a snowbird would be ideal as long as the option of traviling for winter fun stuff is there.
k80clay

Post by k80clay »

16" 357. Sling swivels, QD socket in the stock, Bushnell red dot, cut scope mount. Gunslinger spring kit. Removed the hammer block allen head screw thing (because it was broken out of the box). Will probably put an adjustable comb on it in a few weeks.

And just got done playing around with the other 92. Spring kit and polishing done....brown shoe polish removal on deck....

RetiredGuns

Post by RetiredGuns »

New rifle owner here. The only other Rossi I own is a .38 special revolver and it has been reliable.

Here is my new 92 16" 38/357. I had some old leather from a piece of furniture so I decided to make a lever cover. A few cross stitches later and I like it!

Steve
USMC RETIRED
Arktikos
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Arktikos »

Nice pictures! RetiredGuns, lever actions and single actions just seem to go so well together..