Official R92 Picture Thread

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
CBennett

Re: Official R92 Picture Thread

Post by CBennett »

I just traded for this 10/4/2019. Its a older(though i hear no way to really tell how old) Rossi/interarms/Puma 16" .357 model. I was calling it well worn..a guy I saw said something I like more he said it has a lot of character :). First few things im gonna try to do is get it to feed .38 specials reliably..guy told me up front it didnt but DID feed /357's just fine...then maybe i will refinish the furniture on it as it seemed to have a decently nice grain pattern under the stock finish on it.
Leveraction1.jpg
leveraction3.jpg
leveraction5.jpg
leveraction6.jpg
leveraction7.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dlidster

Post by dlidster »

What interests me about these old Rossi Pumas is the receiver has the correct Winchester '92 profile. When (or by whom) was it decided to change to the current profile?
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

dlidster wrote:What interests me about these old Rossi Pumas is the receiver has the correct Winchester '92 profile. When (or by whom) was it decided to change to the current profile?
Never noticed. Guess you found yet another aesthetic benefit to the original Rossi. It's not just Amedeo Pumas though...my non-Puma 20" looks like the one above too although the glare is in the wrong spot. I originally took this picture to show the grain in the original butt stock.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
dchancock1

Post by dchancock1 »

Wanted to share my 92. I added an NOE Mount and a Nikon 2.0 Scout Scope. There aren't many options available for a silver scout scope with the right eye relief. I really like the Nikon. Very bright and clear. I wanted to spruce up the wood so I put about 8 coats of Tru Oil on it. I didn't sand it before or after. Just applied the Tru Oil. Worked great. Then I added the sling. The rear screw was easy, but I didn't think that the forend had enough meat to be strong enough. So I cut and bent a piece of flat aluminum, formed it into shape, and secured it with double sided mounting tape. The action was very stiff at first but has loosened up into a great shooter. It seems to like 357 over the 38. Accurate and fun!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

I haven’t seen the Nikon scout scope in action before. Very nice!
dchancock1

Post by dchancock1 »

Thanks. It's not easy finding the correct eye relief in a silver scope. I would like a 4X but I couldn't find anything in silver.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

HarryAlonzo wrote:I haven’t seen the Nikon scout scope in action before. Very nice!
Rumor has it Nikon may be putting the axe to their firearm optic line so it may be you won't see them much in the future either.
dchancock1

Post by dchancock1 »

That's really a shame. It's a great piece.
kaycee

Post by kaycee »

dchancock1 wrote:Wanted to share my 92. I added an NOE Mount and a Nikon 2.0 Scout Scope. There aren't many options available for a silver scout scope with the right eye relief. I really like the Nikon. Very bright and clear.
I just bought the same scope for my .44mag and also have the NOE mount. I haven't bought rings for it yet. Are yours medium or high rings, and also what brand? Thanks
Kevin
________
20" SS 92 - .357 Mag
20" SS 92 - .44 Mag
20" SS 92 - .45 LC
20" SS 92 - .454 Casull
dchancock1

Post by dchancock1 »

I bought the Leupold Rifleman rings in medium. Inexpensive, but have held up well.