Official R92 Picture Thread

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Arktikos
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Official R92 Picture Thread

Post by Arktikos »

Pustic wrote:Here's my M92. It's a .45 LC with a 24" barrel
I really like octagon barrels in the longer lengths such as yours.. Nice rifle! If I found one like that one in the store I would have a hard time not bringing it home.. That they are readily available from Rossi is pretty great considering how the new Marlin has trimmed down their lineup to just a few configurations which I think is a bad marketing strategy. I don't think they even make an octagon barrel any longer.. I get it, slashing costs by offering just a small line of leverguns but that doesn't get repeat buyers who want a variety or those who like to collect..
No such thing as bad weather in Alaska, just lousy clothing choices!
Deleted User 327

Post by Deleted User 327 »

Deleted
Last edited by Deleted User 327 on 17 Jan 2021 18:01, edited 5 times in total.
Arktikos
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Arktikos »

COSteve wrote:Thought I'd post a picture of my three 2009 357mags. They are without a doubt three of the most fun firearms I own and go with me to the range and out in the field on every outing. The Uberti SA Cavalry Model is a great sidearm for woods walking with either Rossi as my holster rig holds another 25 rounds. Best of all because I handload, they are actually cheaper to shoot than a 22mag as currently I can load up 158grn JSP magnums at only $6.55 per box of 50. (It paid to stock up heavy on components four years ago.)

All three have been slicked up with action and trigger jobs, while the Rossis have gotten steel mag followers, bolt safety plugs, new sights, and a coat of WATCO Danish Oil right over the standard, dull finish. The Rossis are smooth cycling, have decent triggers, and feed trouble free. In addition, they are surprisingly accurate even out past 200yds. Fun and cheap to shoot, great looking and trouble free . . . what's not to love?
Very nice!
No such thing as bad weather in Alaska, just lousy clothing choices!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Impressive looking brace of firearms.
Congrats.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Deleted User 547

Post by Deleted User 547 »

Wowza. I've been thinking about getting a case colored uberti to go along with my r92 and that just about seals the deal.
Deleted User 327

Post by Deleted User 327 »

Deleted
Last edited by Deleted User 327 on 29 Apr 2014 14:17, edited 1 time in total.
44-40 Willy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 44-40 Willy »

I've been wanting one of the Uberti 1875 Remington clones in 357. What can I say? I just like "odd" guns.
Navy Arms 1892 - 357 Mag - 24" Octagon heavy barrel.
Rossi 62 Octagon 22LR

Post by 0369 »

I went for a walk this morning with my 92 and was going to call coyotes for the first time since December. It was 11 degrees, quiet, with lots of turkey, coyote and deer tracks so I tucked into a tree line for my first stand and blew on the call....... Nothing. Come to find out the reed disappeared some how and it was the only one I brought. All was not lost since I saw a nice sized deer courious about me watching from about 60 yards away and I got a nice picture of the 92.

Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Very nice!

11°! This Texan would croak! I would rather face 100°!
Michael

Post by 0369 »

RD, it was actually nice without any wind and it's 24 now. Last year it was in the 70s this week if I remember correctly. My wife is sick of the cold since she's from Arizona and she wants to move to Texas for the weather and it's gun friendly. I was thinking about the pan handle, but I need to do more research. Me, I'd rather go to Alaska in the interior, but she'll never go for that :( .