ID help

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
crow

ID help

Post by crow »

IMG_20200826_002830.jpg
Hoping someone can provide some info. on this Amadeo Rossi 44 mag. I've seen lots of these 92s but this dimpled stock, copper studs, arrowhead, and crossed arrows, is a new one on me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Re: ID help

Post by mr surveyor »

I believe that's the "Body By Bubba" model. I've seen a few, various, different mfg samples in that same model offering over the years. Actually my first long gun given to me on my 10th birthday was a JC Higgins .410 that my grandfather had owned since the mid 50's ... he planted four antique coins (under small, diamond shaped glass) on each side of the butt stock and planted an arrowhead and rattle snake rattler in the fore arm lumber. I still have that gun (since 1963). Yep, it was "Body By Bubba" also.

jd

decided to get the old girl out and take a pic ... then clean and lube since it's been a few years...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

Common decorations added by Plains Indians. When a rifle is blessed by an individual’s Shaman, it becomes a War Rifle, so some of the decorations are talisman.
crow

Post by crow »

When you see this rifle up close it looks absolutely factory. If someone did these alterations after the fact, they surely were a craftsman. I am however starting to believe that it's one of a kind because I've searched everything I can think of online and can't even find so much as a picture of one like it.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Definitely "custom".
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Nashville Stage

Post by Nashville Stage »

I doubt that it's a factory custom job, because the number of people who want a stock with that much customization (let alone be willing to pay extra for it) is very small. The factory customized finishes that I've seen have been used as presentation pieces for dignitaries or famous people, and those are very expensive works of art.

Usually when someone changes a finish that drastically, it's to suit their own tastes, knowing that the monetary value of the firearm will drop to almost nothing, short of finding that one person who really likes it.

If you think it was a presentation piece, try searching by the serial number. That might reveal something.