Rossi Puma 92 leverguns

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Rossi Puma 92 leverguns

Post by pricedo »

I am the proud owner of 3 pre-safety Rossi Puma 92 rifles. They are 1) a 16" bbl .357 Mag, 2) a 16"bbl .44 Mag, 3) a 20" bbl .454 Casull. I am extremely happy with the quality & accuracy of these 3 rifles. The wood ain't walnut but it is attractive with a "legacy" to it and the bluing is dark and rich similar to that on the old Belgium made Browning rifles. Except for a few more coils springs in place of leaf springs the pre-safety Rossi Puma 92s are model 92s faithful to the original simple, robust John Browning design. This can't be said of the current 3rd generation Winchester 92s that are plagued with tang safeties and rebounding hammers that us 92 purists find intolerable. Braztech/Rossi for whatever unfathomable reason decided to stick an ugly little firing pin safety switch on top of the receiver of their new R92 models. This safety is fortunately imminently removable and can be replaced by an excellent and very easy to install Williams style sight ring insert assembly obtainable at very reasonable cost from Steve's Gunz of Texas.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
muleman

Re: Rossi Puma 92 leverguns

Post by muleman »

My pre-safety Rossi's ain't never leaving I can tell you that. I really like the simplicity of the original 92 design.