Made in Brazil by CBC

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Made in Brazil by CBC

Post by Ranch Dog »

Thanks for the report! Yep, they have a thing for short screws! I too doubt that you will hear from them. Their customer contact/support has never been a top priority.
Michael
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by rondog »

Forgive me, but who/what is "CBC"? I've never heard of that before.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Michael
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by rondog »

Ranch Dog wrote:It's who owns Rossi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Companhia ... _Cartuchos
I thought Taurus owned Rossi? I'm so confused.....
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

CBC owns Taurus so it owns everything.
Michael
Umpire

Post by Umpire »

I just bought a new Rossi M92 .357 20” barrel, looks better finished than the Taurus version, I’ll keep you posted after the range
Umpire

Post by Umpire »

Hello guys I went to the range last Sunday, rifle works great! I had the Taurus version and that rifle was hard to feed with .357 magnum, and didn’t work good with .38 special Winchester ammunition, now I have the new CBC version and this rifle works extremely good with both .357 and .38 special, not a single feeding issue in 200 rounds I just love it!
Deleted User 327

Post by Deleted User 327 »

golfish wrote:So now it's all fixed and cycles fine but it's that last 1" closing the lever that bugs me. I can feel that its rough.
That's likely caused by the excessively high spring weight of the ejector. Steve Young's kit and DvD will get you a smooth shooter. Well worth the $58.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

COSteve wrote:
golfish wrote:So now it's all fixed and cycles fine but it's that last 1" closing the lever that bugs me. I can feel that its rough.
That's likely caused by the excessively high spring weight of the ejector. Steve Young's kit and DvD will get you a smooth shooter. Well worth the $58.
Steve is likely right here. That last inch or inch and a half closing the lever is about the point where the ejector contacts the back face of the barrel. Another operation that takes place about the last 3/4" to 1/2" or so is that the spring loaded catch on the lever itself contacts the bottom tang and is depressed. IF both springs are too heavy that could aggravate the problem. I have seen a Marlin where the lever catch was so gritty it would not function at all.

The DVD by the way is excellent. My Rossi 92s lacked many of the sharp edges that cause some of the problems the video addresses but it is an excellent tutorial of where to look for problems.