Lubriplate and the Rossi 92

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
ethang

Lubriplate and the Rossi 92

Post by ethang »

So I have been lubing my 92 with (gasp) Mobil 1 since I bought it. A light coat on the moving parts has worked pretty darn good as it has on all of my other guns since the mid 90's.

I just picked up some lubriplate SFL-0 and put a nice thin coat on the action parts. Placebo effect is in full force so I will hold off on saying it is smoother, but it sure seems to be. This rifle has had nothing done to it other than refinishing the stock, a metal follower and magazine spring. Just cycling, dry fire,and shooting, and it is smooth as freaking butter. One finger operation and has fed everything I put in it. If I could just see the sights better I would have a great package.
Plastic has no soul...
Missionary
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Lubriplate and the Rossi 92

Post by Missionary »

If you ever get in a pinch at the range …. ATF from the tranny will get you along the day. Far better would be some clean ATF from the container. But it works better than nothing.
Way down south in Arequipa, Peru till June 2020.
Nashville Stage

Post by Nashville Stage »

I've heard good things about Lubriplate, but have never pulled the trigger to try it out. Your experiment might finally motivate me to order some.
TinMan
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by TinMan »

Been using Mobil 1 for many many years on everything from handguns to machine guns.....ain't failed me yet, so I will likely keep on using it. But keep us posted. +corn
"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."
George Orwell

"Fight only when you must. But if it's unavoidable.....fight like your the third monkey trying to get on the Ark."