Weaver 4x28 Classic Scout Riflescope

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Weaver 4x28 Classic Scout Riflescope

Post by Ranch Dog »

I started looking for another Weaver Scout today, everyone is out of stock. I finally found them here at an unbelievable price: https://www.anacortesgunshop.com/weaver ... 49417-1729
Michael
9x80Drilling

Re: Weaver 4x28 Classic Scout Riflescope

Post by 9x80Drilling »

Best to buy a lifetime supply ASAP
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

The shipping is high at around $24, but even with that, I've not seen a better price. MSRP is $302.
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

9x80Drilling wrote:Best to buy a lifetime supply ASAP
Maybe so. It's sold out everywhere but still listed on the Weaver website. We will need to see if it listed after the end of the year. I love the scope, and I wish they would remake the current K4, non-scout, into a compact scope like the scout. I'd buy a bunch of them.
Michael
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Midway has had them listed as 'discontinued' for some time.
I don't know if that's at the vendor or the manufacturer level.

As you mention I had little luck checking the usual suspects months ago and figured I'd have to pay more for a lower magnification from a more expensive manufacturer.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Archer wrote:Midway has had them listed as 'discontinued' for some time.
I don't know if that's at the vendor or the manufacturer level.

As you mention I had little luck checking the usual suspects months ago and figured I'd have to pay more for a lower magnification from a more expensive manufacturer.
MidwayUSA does not list any Weaver scope. Might be something going on with the manufacturer.

That is a two for one price at the link I posted, I think I will get at least one.
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Mureto...
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthrea ... cs-folding

That's a real shame. In the '60s here in Texas, with Weaver being a Texas-based company, you would have been kicked off a deer lease for having another brand.

I had been a Bushnell fan for years. I have a large storage box of them because as they approached the 20 to 25-year mark, they began to fail. Bushnell might keep their stuff tight or Vista Outdoors will kill them as well.
Michael
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

I've NEVER really been a Bushnell fan. I've just seen too many of their lower end scopes that didn't meet the bill.

I just recently noticed Midway was running a sale on some of them and when I checked they had a 'lifetime warranty' on them. Checking further it appears that lifetime warranty is life of the product and that is specified to be 30 years from manufacture. No registration required, date code on the scope and fully transferable.

So I took a chance and ordered a couple Bushnell scopes.

I have had to use the Leupold warranty. They were quick to deal with and it seems like they pretty much rebuilt the scope in total.

Edited to correct a antonym error and to add:

I think I currently own 1 or 2 Bushnell scopes that came on firearms I purchased and were either removed or were adequate for the rimfire in question.

I have 3 Nitrex by Weaver scopes that so far have been pretty good but have sat in the home defense locker a lot and been shot a little. When I purchased them Weaver was absorbing the Nitrex label and putting the same scopes out just as Weaver or Weaver Tactical line.