Gunslinger Spring Kit

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
glasseye44

Gunslinger Spring Kit

Post by glasseye44 »

Where is the best place to order The Gunslinger Spring Kit?
Brownells has them on back order and Dillon Precision has them in stock.
Are there any other dealers that carry this kit.

Thank you
Good day.
Deleted User 327

Re: Gunslinger Spring Kit

Post by Deleted User 327 »

Steve's Gunz has his own ejector spring for $8.50, HERE. You could also just get his whole Action Kit for $58 HERE, as it includes the spring, a steel follower, and DvD with detailed explanations of how to service your Rossi as well as tricks to make the action, loading gate, magazine, and trigger mods to make your Rossi a sweet operator.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

The ejector spring is by far the most important and worthwhile part of the kit.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
ddj

Post by ddj »

I personally think that there are better kits out there than the Gunslinger kit. Steves Gunz and Palo Verde kits are good. The ejector spring in the Gunslinger kits can be a PIA to deal with but can be done. There's tutorials in this forum somewhere dealing with this spring. I have the Gunslinger kit installed in one of my 92's bur eventually swapped out the ejector spring with one I bought from a local hardware store and never looked back. Works just fine. I've also read that 350 compression springs work for this. I believe that's the number anyhow. Someone else may chime in if I'm wrong on this number. The Gunslinger kit also lightened up my trigger more than I liked. Just my 2 cents worth.
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by rondog »

The perfect ejector spring for Rossi's -
Century Spring Co.
centuryspring.com
800-237-5225
Item # C-530

I got mine on eBay for WELL under $10, free shipping, 6 to a pkg I believe. I'll try to attach a photo, but don't hold your breath.
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by rondog »

These. I'll be damned, it worked! Anyway, these springs are excellent replacements for the stock ejector springs. FAR weaker, but do the job well. Much easier to install. And they don't stress that flimsy ejector NEAR as much as the stock spring.

The hammer spring, I cut about 1/4" or 3 coils off of those. Replace the mag spring and cut it to about 4" longer than the tube. I thin down the back side of the loading gate spring until it's much friendlier to use. Work over the trigger spring until it all operates smoothly, and shim under it with soda cans shims.

And make sure the cartridge stop spring is installed correctly!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

rondog wrote:Anyway, these springs are excellent replacements for the stock ejector springs. FAR weaker, but do the job well. Much easier to install. And they don't stress that flimsy ejector NEAR as much as the stock spring.

The hammer spring, I cut about 1/4" or 3 coils off of those. Replace the mag spring and cut it to about 4" longer than the tube. I thin down the back side of the loading gate spring until it's much friendlier to use. Work over the trigger spring until it all operates smoothly, and shim under it with soda cans shims.
My point exactly...the only part that needs replaced is the ejector spring. All others can be modified so there's little use for most people to spend so much on a "kit".
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
ddj

Post by ddj »

rondog wrote:The perfect ejector spring for Rossi's -
Century Spring Co.
centuryspring.com
800-237-5225
Item # C-530

I got mine on eBay for WELL under $10, free shipping, 6 to a pkg I believe. I'll try to attach a photo, but don't hold your breath.
Yup-Your right it's the 530 not the 350 that I stated, And if you lose the ejector collar you can rummage around you well supplied local hardware store and find one that will work also. Don't ask me how I know that :roll:
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by rondog »

Bar magnet on a pole, $10 at Home Depot. VERY handy to have around for finding little parts that get away from you. I always take mine to the club range for picking up those stinking steel cases too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dlidster

Post by dlidster »

rondog wrote:Bar magnet on a pole, $10 at Home Depot. VERY handy to have around for finding little parts that get away from you. I always take mine to the club range for picking up those stinking steel cases too.
+1 I couldn't live without my magnet on a pole. It's found innumerable springs, pins, and screws that otherwise would have been lost forever in my shop or even in the carpet in my home.