double feed 38/357

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Nashville Stage

Re: double feed 38/357

Post by Nashville Stage »

Youtu.be points to the same place, it's just a shortened version for use in certain social media applications like Twitter where you're limited in how many characters you can post. Also notice how the longer address has a bunch of ancillary data tacked on the end, where the shortened address has just a few characters.
lonestarjeff

Post by lonestarjeff »

I got around to getting into my M92 today & the cartridge stop spring was indeed not working. With no tension on the stop I decided to see what's what. The spring was not broken, but it must have popped out of position. No way to see it until the guide was out, but it went back together & is doing its job again.

Thanks to all who have posted youtube videos & links.

Jeff
CBennett

Post by CBennett »

rondog wrote:Ah jeeze, watch my videos, willya?

in the 3 part video with my Rossi/Puma model 92 in .357 16" i have the 3rd part of the video issue....the spring has tension it just doensnt catch the lip of a 38 special letting them "spill out"....I see there was a fix by filing a new angle into the cartridge catch...I did not want to try to do that myself i think i will have a gun smith do it..he wondered when i explained the issue/procedure if it (file the angle to let the cartridge catch come closer to center)...would in any way "mess up" .357 feeding at the expense of being able to shoot .38 specials...id assume no but i dont know..anyone know?
CBennett

Post by CBennett »

73gitane wrote:My 357 has been double feeding 38 special from day one so I'm interested in in a fix too. Works great with 357. I don't plan on shooting much 38 special so not too worried about it but hey I would like the ability to shoot both.
My thoughts on it also...id like it to do what it is supposed to do(shoot both) but maybe other than plinking it will be mostly .357 anyways.. would just be cool if it did as was intended lol
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by rondog »

It's really not that hard to fix. If I can do it, anybody can.
CBennett

Post by CBennett »

rondog wrote:It's really not that hard to fix. If I can do it, anybody can.
im the guy that grinds too much off it and makes it not work at all lol..thats me im that guy when it comes to crap like that. I wont tell you that ive heard the "anyone can do that" before ..tried it...ruined it lol
pepperpete

Post by pepperpete »

Yep, had the same problem but with .357's. Got to admit that after taking this rifle apart a few times I didn't even know there was a cartridge stop. Mine had too much crud build up to work properly. Amazing what a good clean and oil can do. All good now. Great videos.
Thanks
Pete
"Freedom is like respect and love. It has to be earned every day by your actions and re-actions".
pepperpete

Post by pepperpete »

Hi Ron,
Did I say "all good"? Well, almost but I'm still getting the odd cartridge slip by and jam up the works. Referring to Video #3, How did you adjust the bevel of the hinged stop? Don't suppose you did a Video #4.
"Freedom is like respect and love. It has to be earned every day by your actions and re-actions".
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by rondog »

pepperpete wrote:Hi Ron,
Did I say "all good"? Well, almost but I'm still getting the odd cartridge slip by and jam up the works. Referring to Video #3, How did you adjust the bevel of the hinged stop? Don't suppose you did a Video #4.
Like I said, tapped out the hinge pin, then filed the bevels gently until the stop swung over far enough. Ain't rocket science, I'm very much a shade-tree gunsmiff.....
pepperpete

Post by pepperpete »

OK rondog. I have time today so I'll have a go.