Time to show Walmart where they can go

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
dionesius3

Time to show Walmart where they can go

Post by dionesius3 »

Walmart has made a fateful decision in my opinion. They have announced that they will no longer sell handgun ammunition or guns in most locations. Because of the shootings in their stores. I have canceled and closed all my Walmart accounts. And from this day forward will not do any business with Walmart for any reason.
If we don't stand up to this bully then in few years we won't be able to buy ammo or guns anywhere.

This foolishness has got to stop!
Do what I did and email them your comments and request all accounts and cards be closed and canceled immediately. Hit them in the pocket book and they will likely wake up from their ignorant actions.
Sarge
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: Time to show Walmart where they can go

Post by Sarge »

The time to 'stop' WalMart was two years ago, when they began requiring ID to purchase any ammo; when they began flatly refusing to sell long guns--including blackpowder guns--to anyone under 21. It cost them nothing and they were emboldened.

They have driven small grocers, liquor, drug and hardware stores along with tire shops out of business for 30 years. In many smaller communities, you either buy these items from WalMart or you drive 30-50 miles and pay substantially more for the same items.

WalMart has monopolized small town America and they know they'll get enough of that segment's non-disposable income to maintain their status as the 800 pound gorilla of rural retail. I don't like it either and don't spend a damn dime with them I don't have to.

But it is what it is.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Time to show Walmart where they can go

Post by Archer »

I've been curtailing my Walmart shopping for the past 10 years or so.

The past couple years I've found myself asking why I bothered almost each time I've gone there.

Then there are nights like this one when the grocery store is out of milk or when the dates on what they have are only a couple days out. No I didn't resort to Walmart but if there's not some on the shelf at the grocery when I go home tomorrow I might.
Here in CA it seems the 'minute markets' generally don't carry milk like they do back in the Southeast.