92 takedown model?

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
8uck5nort

Re: 92 takedown model?

Post by 8uck5nort »

Thank You for the link to that article. I have printed it out and started a project folder.

That one had 2 additional links to other takedown conversions too. I printed them out and added it to my folder. So I guess the initial steps are done. Gathering in the book knowledge.

A lot to think about. If I decide to go the DIY route I will start a post in a new thread on my progress. I will want to practice making the spacer and doing the facing cut on the receiver on scrap first before even thinking about working on actual receiver. It does look pretty straight forward once I master those steps.

I have some other projects I need to finish first. I am a great project dreamer and starter, but finishing them is something I still have to work on. They never go as fast as I like.
Trying to improve myself one shot at a time!
HogRider666

Post by HogRider666 »

I brought a take down Miruko in 45 Colt, with a 16 inch barrel it is certainly a small package in a back pack.
But the reality is I don’t do that very often these days.
Its real advantage is being able to clean it from the breach end.
mtnstryder

Post by mtnstryder »

I have found that my 44mag ranch hand pretty much takes care of 95% of my need for a take down rifle.ad my BFR in 454 with a scope I feel ready for anything.but in the past I never had a problem just removing the stock from a carbine to fit it in a pack.Don’t forget your screwdriver.