Spring question

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
ddj

Re: Spring question

Post by ddj »

Ranch Dog wrote:
Ohio3Wheels wrote:
Ranch Dog wrote:What is the "delay"?
A not quite so "instant back ground check". I have a good friend, former Army sling wing type and until he retired a flight planner with DHL for which he had to have an assortment of clearances, but his back grounds would get delayed, never an explanation.
Not good.
Exactly. You either pass or fail or you are up to a 3 business day delay. I'm told it's very common. I have a good friend who is also the pastor of our church. He is also a skeet and trap shooter and also a target shooter., Kind of an odd hobby for a minister. He goes on mission work-helps people where ever he can. You probably can't find a squeakier clean person any where. He told me that he hasn't even had a traffic warning ticket but he's on "Delay" every time. I really think that the people on the approval end just get overwhelmed with applications so some just get put on delay. Any how the gun shop called Sat afternoon and told me that I went through. I didn't think these approval people worked on Saturday but apparently they do now. Anyhow I have the gun now
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by rondog »

Just a Public Service Announcement on the subject of "delays" -

I read a report on another forum from a guy that visited a state where marijuana is legal, and thought he'd buy some to give it a try. You have to sign in at those places with your drivers license.

After he'd been back home awhile, he got the itch for a new popgun. Guess what, he can't buy guns anymore, he's now a prohibited person because he uses pot!

Don't know how true this, or how common, but if anyone here knows someone this info might benefit - pass it on. It's a back door into gun control, possibly confiscation.
ddj

Post by ddj »

rondog wrote:Just a Public Service Announcement on the subject of "delays" -

I read a report on another forum from a guy that visited a state where marijuana is legal, and thought he'd buy some to give it a try. You have to sign in at those places with your drivers license.

After he'd been back home awhile, he got the itch for a new popgun. Guess what, he can't buy guns anymore, he's now a prohibited person because he uses pot!

Don't know how true this, or how common, but if anyone here knows someone this info might benefit - pass it on. It's a back door into gun control, possibly confiscation.
That could very well be. While some states consider pot to be legal the federal govt doesn't and the federal govt is the one that gives approval. But at the same time we have people who have done mass shootings that because of their background issues shouldn't have been able to buy a firearm but did.