Taller front sight?

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
mmargotta

Taller front sight?

Post by mmargotta »

Does anyone know where I can get a taller front sight for my R92 octagon barrel?
I have a folding rear sight and a marble tang sight and when I try to use the peep, the folding rear is in the way even when folded.
I actually have to slide the "step" bar out of the sight and then fold it down to see the front sight.
Am I missing something?
I don't see a taller front sight on Steve's Gunz website. Any suggestions? Thanks.
mmargotta

Re: Taller front sight?

Post by mmargotta »

I found one on Midway's sight does anyone think this would work? https://www.midwayusa.com/product/11841 ... steel-blue
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by rondog »

Can't advise about the taller front sight, but IMO the Marbles tang sight might be best used for longer range stuff, and the regular sights for shorter ranges.

I bought a Marbles for my 24" .45 Colt, and ended up taking it back off. I killed a deer at 250 yards with the stock iron sights, didn't even use the tang sight, had no idea what to do with it at that range.

I've thought about putting it back on and dialing it in for 250 or 300. Also need to figure out what each click represents at different ranges/loads. But it also gets in the way of my thumb.

Kind of a PITA in my opinion, but I still want to make friends with it.

And keep in mind, a taller front sight won't play well with your stock or folding rear sight, you'll be hitting low.
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

I finally took the stock rear off my 20" octagonal 45 Colt and I've been happy with my Marbles tang and the stock front out to 100 yards.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
mmargotta

Post by mmargotta »

I think you might be right about removing the tang sight. 50 and 100 yds are about my limit anyway and I seem to do all right at that distance with 71 year old eyes. At 200 yds. I can't even see the target anymore.
But the gun looks so cool with the tang sight! ; makes me feel like "Quigly, Down Under" LOL :D