New member, new rifles!

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
mmargotta

New member, new rifles!

Post by mmargotta »

Hello everyone, I became a 92 owner 2 months ago and I'm afraid that I've got Rossi-itis bad......
I was trying to sell a shotgun online and having no luck I was ready to pull the ad, when while at the range, I happened to mention to a friend that I had it for sale. As luck would have it, I was overheard by a gentleman who came over and said that he had a lever action for trade if I'd like.
He told me a little about it, and I said to bring it up to the range and I'll think it over.
When I saw it I kind of fell in love! It was a Brass receiver 24" Octagon barrel with saddle ring in .45 colt.
The wood was a little beat up with a couple of dents and just kind of ugly; but I felt this child needed a home, so I took her in.
Well, I took it apart, inspected it and found the barrel to be pristine and very little signs of wear internally.
In other words it looked old on the outside and brand new inside. This gave me incentive to "pretty her up".
I stripped the wood and put compresses on the dents to raise them back up, put six coats of Formby's tung oil
on it (oooo steel wooled between coats), polished the scratches out of the brass and......WOW! was I glad I made that trade.
It shoots like a dream. Puts 250 gr. pills through the same hole at 25yds. even with my old eyes!; and gets it's share of looks at the range as it sparkles in the sunlight.

I've been so excited that I bought another (also 24 in. octagon in .357) but this time blued and brand new in the box. I got it from a man in St. Augustine who had bought it from Steve's Gunz a few years ago. It was all "slicked up" and ready to go with a new Marble Tang sight, folding ramp sight and new brass muzzle sight. He had never fired it!

I have plans not only to do a tung oil job on the stock, but I'm making plans on getting a .44 carbine in Stainless.
This Rossi fever takes hold and won't let go!

I'm going to try to put pictures of the two "sisters" in this thread; but please forgive me if they don't show up as I don't have great computer skills.
mmargotta

Re: New member, new rifles!

Post by mmargotta »

Well, I give up. I can't figure out this link thing for pictures, so you'll have to take my word for it that they look great!
stevep1954

Post by stevep1954 »

i use picture trail for posting pics. just upload to PT and then highlight the link they give you and put it in your post. congrats on the Rossi's. i got my first this fall and now i have 5! everyone is a great shooter but you don't know what fun is till you set off a .454 Casull...
m-saunoras

Post by m-saunoras »

I have been bit by the bug also. I'm up to about eight 92s and one ranch hand
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Welcome.
I need a .45C.
One like yours would be nice but they are very uncommonly for sale.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome to the forum, great job on the rifle. Here are a couple "help" topics for posting images.

Posting Pictures Tutorial

Image Size Requirements
Michael
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

Go ahead and send me the rifle. I'll take some pictures and post them up for you.

Welcome to the site
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

golfish wrote:Go ahead and send me the rifle. I'll take some pictures and post them up for you.

Welcome to the site

That has to be one of the most unselfish offers of help that I've ever heard. It almost brings a tear to my eye. :lol:

jd
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I love stories with happy endings +guns
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
mmargotta

Post by mmargotta »

[img][IMG]http://i64.tinypic.com/2jecj9w.jpg[/img][/img]
I think I got it?