Site Problem??

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Deleted User 327

Re: Site Problem??

Post by Deleted User 327 »

Interesting. Look at the 92 forum page. I launch to it directly as that's where I mostly read and post. It doesn't have that line at all. All it has is a 'New Topic*' box at the left, then a Search Box. On the right hand side it's got the 'Mark Topics Read' link, Number of Topics, and Page Number.

Notwithstanding that, the 92 forum page doesn't show the 'Unread Threads' icon on the left in Red where it use to. All of them are blue on my page.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

GG's image is from the Board Index page. Within a forum, you can mouse over the left icon or title and it will either say "unread posts" or "no unread posts", but nothing on the forum delivers an unread post count.
unread_posts.jpg
If you click on the unread post link that GG mentioned when the search opens there is a count of unread topics, but not the number of unread posts within the topic.

Whenever a users notices something not working, it is best to go to the bottom of the Board Index and find the link "Delete All Board Cookies". Sometimes something happens to the guts of a cookie and this will refresh them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Yes, the view unread posts is only on the index (main) page not in the sub-forums.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Deleted User 327

Ranch Dog wrote:Whenever a users notices something not working, it is best to go to the bottom of the Board Index and find the link "Delete All Board Cookies". Sometimes something happens to the guts of a cookie and this will refresh them.
Thanks, good to know. I hadn't noticed that before.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Ranch Dog wrote:GG's image is from the Board Index page. Within a forum, you can mouse over the left icon or title and it will either say "unread posts" or "no unread posts", but nothing on the forum delivers an unread post count.
unread_posts.jpg
If you click on the unread post link that GG mentioned when the search opens there is a count of unread topics, but not the number of unread posts within the topic.

Whenever a users notices something not working, it is best to go to the bottom of the Board Index and find the link "Delete All Board Cookies". Sometimes something happens to the guts of a cookie and this will refresh them.
An important "button" when entering straight into a topic is the "First Unread Post" on the right side of the topic header. If you jump to the bottom manually or the last post, you will probably miss those ahead of it especially if there is more than one page.
first_unread_post.jpg
I'm definitely a fan of using the "Unread Post" button on the index page as there are posts related to the 92 that go into other forums be it the Topic Bucket, Hunting, Gunsmithing, etc. Some will be moved, some won't. This will topic will be retitled and moved the Info forum as soon as I can get to it. Better there as others might appreciate the info.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
Deleted User 327

I like it! Thanks for the info.