Rossi 92 carbine barrel band front sight

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
rpalmer

Rossi 92 carbine barrel band front sight

Post by rpalmer »

Who has a gold bead front sight for a Rossi 92 carbine that has the barrel band mounted front sight?
I read somewhere that Steves Gunz has one available, but I have searched his website and can't find one, or find mention of the price.
I have thought about having my barrel milled for a 3/8" dovetail and replacing my barrel band with the regular barrel band, but my barrel really looks much too thin to have a dove tail milled.
Why is Rossi so tough to deal with when trying to purchase parts?
GasGuzzler

Re: Rossi 92 carbine barrel band front sight

Post by GasGuzzler »

They won't sell you anything for that rifle. It's pre-Braztec (too old) so they could not care less. They hung up on me when I called and asked about serial number information for my original model R92 a few years ago.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Nashville Stage

Post by Nashville Stage »

For oddball parts like that, try giving Steve's Guns a call or email & asking him directly. His website doesn't necessarily list everything he has (the website is maintained by someone else, I believe).
Sarge
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Sarge »

rpalmer wrote:Who has a gold bead front sight for a Rossi 92 carbine that has the barrel band mounted front sight?
I read somewhere that Steves Gunz has one available, but I have searched his website and can't find one, or find mention of the price.
I have thought about having my barrel milled for a 3/8" dovetail and replacing my barrel band with the regular barrel band, but my barrel really looks much too thin to have a dove tail milled.
Why is Rossi so tough to deal with when trying to purchase parts?
Bottom photo

https://stevesgunz.com/sight-package/
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

That's the one......but try and find where to buy it on the site. I am guessing you have to call. I am also guessing you must send in your current pieces for the re-work. The older guns have better sights than the Braztech guns do and I bet most people leave them stock. It's all according to each owner's preference. Let us know if you go this route.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.