Look at what I found today

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
dionesius3

Look at what I found today

Post by dionesius3 »

At a local gun show today I was able to get this beauty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dionesius3

Re: Look at what I found today

Post by dionesius3 »

Photo upload is terrible

But it is a 2010 45 Colt large loop 16” Blued Rossi 92 in perfect condition. The seller had not even cleaned the packing grease off of it. And I got it for considerably less than the last MSRP for these guns.
I cleaned and broke it in this afternoon by running about 150 rounds through it.
dionesius3

Post by dionesius3 »

I shot at 50 yards and a little over 120 yards. The 50 yard target had a nice 1.75 inch spread for three rounds the fourth shot I pulled and that opened the group to 3.45”.
At 120 it placed all shots within a paper plate and the five shots measures “4.20”!
This was with Winchester soft points. I think they are 255 grain if I remember correctly. The boxes were thrown out several years ago while the ammo has been in an ammo can.
Anyhow, the picture just barely pics up on it but the color of the receiver is a beautiful almost chocolate color!
Now I have seen the near purple color ones, and I have seen some with a red hue in the blues guns but this is the first chocolate color blued gun I have ever seen. And that is why I bought it. Well that and the fact that it was such a great price.
dionesius3

Post by dionesius3 »

There is a great contrast between the blue barrel and lever and the chocolate color receiver that is striking and dare I say pretty. I am quite pleased with my good luck today.
dionesius3

Post by dionesius3 »

Maybe this picture is better
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Nice score. I'd have a hard time passing on a .45C right now.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Nice find! I see you figured out your login. I responded to your email this morning.
Michael
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

Nice looking wood, too, from what I can see of it.
dionesius3

Post by dionesius3 »

Ranch Dog wrote:Nice find! I see you figured out your login. I responded to your email this morning.
Yes I don’t know what happened but it works now!

Have you come across one that is brown like that?
dionesius3

Post by dionesius3 »

According to the Rossi serial number look up the gun is a 2014 model. Which is a bit of a surprise to me. The box looks like one from the days before Braztec took over. Anyway I’m enjoying it quite well and it feeds everything that I have fed it so far. And is quite a bit more accurate than the two I have owned before. Not to mention the fact that it is smoother and better finished than the others.
But the wood is not finished at all really. It looks as if it was hit with a light coat of stain and then boxed up. But I will use some Danish oil to remedy that issue.

Gotta load up some 300grain solids to try out next.