What would you pay for a?

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
m-saunoras

What would you pay for a?

Post by m-saunoras »

Interarms Puma pre safety stainless 20 inch barrel .357 mag that is NIB?

I found this gun locally but the price is steep. $800 steep. What do you think?
GasGuzzler

Re: What would you pay for a?

Post by GasGuzzler »

I won't buy a stainless lever rifle so I might be skewed but I prefer the old non-safety models. It's worth about $500 here in this market. I wouldn't pay $800 for a JM1894 that are bringing four digits in some places so I'd pass for sure.

It's your money and if you want it at that price then buy it. Expect to keep it though.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
m-saunoras

Post by m-saunoras »

$800 is going to be a hard sell but they might get it from someone who's really wanted one for a while. I am not big on stainless lever actions either but this gun was very nice looking. I feel like it is pretty rare but I'm not really sure. I had a hard time paying $600 each for my 454s and I think those are more desirable.
RickinVA

Post by RickinVA »

Hate to admit this, but I paid $650 for a pre-safety SRC in .357 last year. With the dark, glossy finish it looks just like the Winchesters in all the westerns I grew up watching so to me it’s worth every penny.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

RickinVA wrote:Hate to admit this, but I paid $650 for a pre-safety SRC in .357 last year. With the dark, glossy finish it looks just like the Winchesters in all the westerns I grew up watching so to me it’s worth every penny.
Thanks. I didn't pay that much for my old dark glossy deep blue slightly plum R92 but I paid more than what I thought it was worth. It looks better than any newer one I've seen. We all have opinions.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

I don't think that 800.00 is unreasonable. If its a gun that you want and can afford, then go for it. Its not everyday we see a NIB Interarms Puma up for sale.
My first lever gun was a 24" stainless steel Rossi, I think I paid around 750.00 out the door for it. I wasn't new to guns but I was new to buying guns out of state and having them shipped to my local FFL.
I agree about the stainless steel, its not my favorite. I have a SS Blackhawk that I bought brand new in the mid 80s. My teenage son wanted to match them
Trailboss
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Trailboss »

golfish wrote:I don't think that 800.00 is unreasonable. If its a gun that you want and can afford, then go for it. Its not everyday we see a NIB Interarms Puma up for sale.
I agree that 800 is not unreasonable. If we could find a new but original Winchester M92 we would happily pay lots more than that. I remember a few years ago that some were turning their noses up at spending $500 for a 480R or 454 Rossi M92. Today we would be lucky to see Rossi's so cheap. The price will just keep going up over time.
Aim small, miss small.
Rich S

Post by Rich S »

Fwiw I just bought a new production SS 20" 357
Set me back about 650.00 when the dust all settled...
Maybe a tad high but I factor in a savings of a couple more Saturday afternoons spend searching this or that place till I would find another if I had passed on this.
I feel lucky to have gotten it, that is what I will remember more than the price.
Good luck whatever you decide
m-saunoras

Post by m-saunoras »

Just an update, someone snagged this gun and it wasn’t me. $800 was a little steep for me but not if it’s a configuration you really wanted.

I collect other guns mainly revolvers and I kept thinking $800 would buy me something nice.