GunBroker Search

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

GunBroker Search

Post by Ranch Dog »

My GunBroker search finally sent me an email, this is the first rifle listed with a 2017 or 2018 part number. The number was not used prior to 2017.

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/781167975
Michael
Handloader109

Re: GunBroker Search

Post by Handloader109 »

I've had a request for ANY M92 in 357 at two of the three major distributors I use. Another one which I usually search on occasion had a 20" SS version in 357 in stock. Only One, and no other M92s in any caliber in stock. Went back to my other guys and they still show zero of any in stock. So, I purchased it and hopefully should see it by end of the week. I'll let you guys know serial number, hopefully it is a 2018 and first couple of a flood. ( I doubt it) BTW, my main distributor had a bunch STILL on order as of two weeks ago. And stated that if gun had been discontinued by Maker, their order would have been closed.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Good information! Welcome to the forum!
Michael
Handloader109

Post by Handloader109 »

Thanks! Hopefully some more are really on the way..
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

My GB search got to the point of having about nine rifles available of that model number but this morning was down to one at $600+ so the fury of that shipment might have taken place. During the period of my posts in this topic, I also received a notice from Davidson's Gallery of Guns that they were in stock. Within a couple of hours, they were gone.
Michael
pistolcalrookie

Post by pistolcalrookie »

Cheers Gents

Last year I saw the supply situation coming thanks to this board, drove 600 miles North and paid $AU900 for an immaculate "16 blued .357" with dies and a couple of hundred rds of reloads.
Glad I did as there is nothing in the way of '92 rifles for sale now in Australia.
The dies allowed me to set up one set for .38" and another for .357".
BS that there is significant demand for a bloody good rifle and very poor or nil supply ?
Handloader109

Post by Handloader109 »

Interesting. Davidson's is where they had over 60 on order. And my guy there didn't give me a shout. Heck he was probably on vacation and I got cheaper elsewhere. Pistocalrookie, the factory closed about a year ago and Rossi move to new company. So supply dried up entirely on the R92s. Seems like they are going to start trickling in from Brazil slowly now. We'll see. I want a 16" in Stainless also. Just got to decide to stay with 38/357 or maybe 45 Long Colt, which would be new caliber for me. They go quick, good rifle in good caliber. Marlin has a nice one, about the same price, but only 30-30. NOthing else is close to price point, and I do not like the Henry rifles.