Scope recomendations

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
E1957T

Scope recomendations

Post by E1957T »

I just got another 92. This one is a 20" blued rifle in 45 colt. The gun came with a rail on it and I had a pistol scope around so I thought I was all set. The scope is to long and covers the action, bummer. So what is a good unit to buy that won't break the bank and will let me group them at 100 yards? I am a woodchuck hunter and would like to give this rifle a try at them.
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: Scope recomendations

Post by HarryAlonzo »

I think you'll hear a lot of votes for the Weaver Classic K4 4x28, and I wouldn't disagree. Most of the scout scopes (my Swift included) are 2 to 2.5X. Woodchuck thoracic cavities are pretty small at 100 yards. I think you'd need a variable to go higher than 4X. I think there's a Vortex and a Barska 2-7.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

E1957T wrote: I am a woodchuck hunter and would like to give this rifle a try at them.
I think the Weaver will have the finest wire you will find on a scout scope. I've tried the Bushnell 2-7 Scout, but it has a fairly heavy duplex so no win with the magnification. I think they will cover up a chuck.
Michael
E1957T

Post by E1957T »

I found some weaver classic scopes on ebay that would fit my need. I have tried to bid on them and I get the warning about restricted item and can't ship out of country and it will not let me bid. Has anybody else ran into this on ebay? I have bought scopes before with no troubles and some of the handgun scopes I can place a bid on but not the ones I want. Maybe NY is now a new nation, the city should be.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

E1957T wrote:I found some weaver classic scopes on ebay that would fit my need. I have tried to bid on them and I get the warning about restricted item and can't ship out of country and it will not let me bid. Has anybody else ran into this on ebay? I have bought scopes before with no troubles and some of the handgun scopes I can place a bid on but not the ones I want. Maybe NY is now a new nation, the city should be.
I just did this past week. I wanted to bid on a Weaver 2-7X32 and it would not accept my bid with the same issues you had. Used Weavers of current manufacturer are selling for almost the same as new retail so I will just buy new in the future.
Michael
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Sounds as if ebay is trying to mess with gun related sales.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
E1957T

Post by E1957T »

The seller that had the weaver scope listed checked with ebay. They said they can't ship firearms related stuff to a PO box number. This is the stupid part I don't have a PO box number. I have a 911 house number like all of us. In the mean time I found a nikon monarch ucc 2.5-8x28 hand gun scope. I use a nikon monarch on my 22-250, great scope.
m-saunoras

Post by m-saunoras »

I lost the bids on 2 Leopold EER scopes on eBay last week due to the restriction messages.
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

Indeed, Nikon makes a nice scope. I hope the eye relief isn't too long for you. Let us know how it works out.

Those eBay folks are a capricious lot. If you think Rossi customer service is bad, try working through a problem with eBay. When they say they're just a venue, they take it to heart. They use that as an excuse to not take responsibility for their own actions. It's not that I don't use them, but I don't expect anything from them, either. I never spend more on eBay than I can afford to lose.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

ebay, paypal, 922r and ITAR, not to mention all the silly posterior rules CA has have really mucked up a lot of things related to firearms.