What did I buy ?

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
exokie

What did I buy ?

Post by exokie »

I bought a rifle from a man today that had described it as a Rossi Trapper. When I got there he said he was sorry but instead of a Rossi, it was a Puma. I wasn't real sure so I didn't say anything.

I gave it the "Rossi" inspection that I had read about here on the forum and it passed with flying colors. The wood (rather dark wood) to metal fit was perfect, the sights were centered on the barrel, it cycled my dummy rounds flawlessly and the action was a lot smoother than my 24' Rossi. I can't find a flaw anywhere on it.
I'm not going to say what I paid for it but from what I've been hearing, it might be a spell before 45s are available again so I grabbed it.

My question is: Is this just like any other Rossi (except for being called a Puma), as far as disassembly and parts replacement goes? I have Steve Young's video and would like to break it down and give it a good cleaning but don't want to run into any surprises.

The only barrel marking is 45 Colt. Bottom of receiver 45-xxxx, Upper tang, Puma 92 Imported by LSI, Reno, Nv. Lower tang, A. Rossi A. Made in Brazil.
Strawdawg

Re: What did I buy ?

Post by Strawdawg »

LSI/Legacy owned the Puma name and used to import rifles built by Rossi under that name. Later, they imported some by Chiappa from Italy using the same name. Sounds like yours Is a Brazilian Rossi. From the '90s, I believe
Steve

East of Eden on Tasajillo Hill
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Strawdawg is correct, a pre-Braztech rifle manufactured by Amedeo Rossi.
Michael
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Agreed. Newer than my Amedeo Rossi SRC and older than the newer style. I haven't seen a large difference in the value based on importer.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
jayb514

Post by jayb514 »

I don't know the history like these other well informed gentlemen. But it sounds like, at least to me, you bought a good rifle you should be very happy with! +guns