Laid away a .45 colt

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
lonestarjeff

Re: Laid away a .45 colt

Post by lonestarjeff »

Strawdawg wrote:......So far, I have installed a Skinner sight and I am waiting on a saddle loop conversion from Steves.....
Do you have a close-up of the skinner sight?......Also, what is a saddle loop conversion?
Strawdawg

Post by Strawdawg »

Saddle ring on what I should have said :) I will take a picture tomorrow
Steve

East of Eden on Tasajillo Hill
Strawdawg

Post by Strawdawg »

Here's a picture of one on my .357. The contrast shows the sight better than the one on the .45.
The dovetail on the Rossi's seems to vary a bit. Skinner sells an oversize that may require filing. This one (the .357) fit perfectly. The stainless one on the .45 required quite a bit of filing.

My old eyes appreciate a peep sight and I really like these. The aperture may be unscrewed so that you are left with a "ghost ring" for quicker target acquisition if hunting. The front sight still seems to automatically find the center of the ring-at least in my case. Given that the front brass sight insert covers about 5 moa, we are not talking about extreme precision anyway lol. It works, tho.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve

Strawdawg

Post by Strawdawg »

and one from the .45. I was shooting some cowboy loads and had to crank the rear sight way up for 100 yds. If the wind will stop blowing, I will see what some hotter loads will do.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve

lonestarjeff

Post by lonestarjeff »

I've been looking at a skinner peep for my 464, & like the looks of it. The difference is it mounts right in front of the hammer instead of down at the dovetail. I wasn't sure how my eye would like the peep further down on the M92. How do you like having further from your eye?
Strawdawg

Post by Strawdawg »

I don't notice the difference at all. Seems to be in a natural place to me. ☺️
Steve