Laid away a .45 colt

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Strawdawg

Laid away a .45 colt

Post by Strawdawg »

For the past couple of years I have been saying I was going to buy a .45 colt in stainless to match my Ruger NV. I bought or built several other guns in the meantime instead.

I went into my LGS the other day to shoot the bull and he was showing me a collection of guns he had picked up to sell when I looked over on the rack and saw the Rossi in stainless steel siting there. I asked him about it and he said he took it and a Rossi revolver, both reportedly unfired, in on a trade. The revolver had already been sold.

The R92 did not have any obvious signs of having been fired but it did have a nick on the front hand guard. It was a 20" barrel and I wanted a 16", but the shine of the stainless blinded me to the light and I gave him some money to put it on lay away for me.

Like a dummy, I did not even cycle any shells thru it to see if it would feed, smh. Guess I can do that next time I go down to visit.

They all look a like but here's a pic. Serial # says it's a 2014 model. I think that is back when they were particularly bad. I bought first and checked later lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve

East of Eden on Tasajillo Hill
Mad Trapper
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: Laid away a .45 colt

Post by Mad Trapper »

Thats a good looking rifle.
I think every 92 Ive bought had some type of scratch or dent on the wood, I just steam them out once I get them home.
Strawdawg

Post by Strawdawg »

I went down to cycle a few rounds thru it and was told to just take it home and see how it shoots...I put a few rounds thru it without a hiccup...was nice and smooth. I'm happy :)
Steve

lonestarjeff

Post by lonestarjeff »

Sometimes, you just gotta buy on faith :o ;)

I guess that's what I'm doing every time I've bought a used rifle, shotgun, or pistol on Gunbroker. So far, I haven't been disappointed(knock-knock).
m-saunoras

Post by m-saunoras »

I know where there's a stainless 16" 45 colt. It's $670 though and it's been there a loooooong time.
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

m-saunoras wrote:I know where there's a stainless 16" 45 colt. It's $670 though and it's been there a loooooong time.
They might deal. Personally I feel that $670 is a bit much, but then given the continued scarcity of 45 Colt '92s of any description maybe not.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
Strawdawg

Post by Strawdawg »

I paid $485 and that included a box of shells. So far, I have installed a Skinner sight and I am waiting on a saddle loop conversion from Steves and the stainless cup replacement for the magazine tube.
The gun shoots very well.
Steve

deadeye

Post by deadeye »

lonestarjeff wrote:Sometimes, you just gotta buy on faith :o ;)

I guess that's what I'm doing every time I've bought a used rifle, shotgun, or pistol on Gunbroker. So far, I haven't been disappointed(knock-knock).
I too have been super lucky with used guns on gun broker. I usually research the gun for common problems and what to expect then the thing shows up perfect whether its new or 40 years old. But I learned from ebay many years ago, only buy from guys with dozens if not hundreds of sales - they have too much to lose from a bad review.
lonestarjeff

Post by lonestarjeff »

deadeye wrote:......I usually research the gun for common problems and what to expect then the thing shows up perfect whether its new or 40 years old. But I learned from ebay many years ago, only buy from guys with dozens if not hundreds of sales - they have too much to lose from a bad review.
Definitely pays to do your homework on the item & the seller. +1
Strawdawg

Post by Strawdawg »

Too much fun. Gonna have to order some dies to reload.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve