Some range time/357

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Mad Trapper
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: Some range time/357

Post by Mad Trapper »

lonestarjeff wrote:
Mad Trapper wrote:.....I picked up a couple boxes of the 357 mag HSM bear loads a while back, 180 gr hard cast.........Not shot any yet, but they cycle through the rossi just fine.
Ive cycled them slow and fast to try and make them jam, but they feed everytime.
The 357 I've cycled through mine has all been JHP. They slow cycle just fine, but get a bit sticky if I step it up. Great fun to shoot, though. I like what I'm reading about those bear loads. Never came across them before.
Jeff, I came across them while in sportsmans warehouse up in Lexington.
Think they were around 40 dollars for a box of 50.
Still havent shot them, but like i said they cycle smooth as butter.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/61845 ... -box-of-50#

I will have to get out the chrono and run them through the 16" rossi and the blackhawk.
thats why i havent shot them yet,
lonestarjeff

Post by lonestarjeff »

Mad Trapper wrote:..........Think they were around 40 dollars for a box of 50......

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/61845 ... -box-of-50#

I will have to get out the chrono and run them through the 16" rossi and the blackhawk.
thats why i havent shot them yet,
It is so difficult for me to cough up .75/round to shoot at targets! :o :lol:
Mad Trapper
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Mad Trapper »

Same here, one reason why i havent shot them yet, i keep putting it off cause of the cost.
I will shoot just enough to see where they hit, and record the chrono results, thats it.
I just bought a 200 GR mold for 357, i will load some up and try those also.
lonestarjeff

Post by lonestarjeff »

golfish wrote:I envy you guys that can step out on your property and shoot. I've got to drive 50 miles to shoot on BLM land or 3 miles to an indoor range. I don't like shooting with strangers so I hardly ever got to the range......
We actually still live in "the city", but I get out to the farm about every other weekend. It's a couple of hours away, so not around the corner exactly. Well worth the trip for a weekend, though. We plan to move out there after retirement(if the wife can ween off living near retail shopping :lol: )
OldGringo

Post by OldGringo »

Bought some of those cheap Tullamo, 158 grain flat point at Academy for about $19.00 for 50. Chrono graphed them thru a 3 inch 357 revolver and got 1,250 fps. Pretty darn hot. Shot about 20 thru the 16 inch 92, last week and was impressed. Actually hit an 18 inch gong at 200 yards a few times and got a pretty loud thump. They are steel cased, but cheap and OK for full power plinking. As you know Hornady has been loading steel cases for their hog loads and now Winchester is selling them in 9mm. And for what its worth, I have reloaded those steel cases in 45 acp for use I'm my Ruger with the 45 acp cylinder. I reload 357 so do not plan on using them much, but if you do not reload they are fine. FWIW
"Any behavior is instinctive if it is performed without being based upon prior experience", lever action guns are instinctive, anyone can pick it up and know how it works... a natural extension of the human arms. +guns