Anybody Parting Out a .44 or .45 R92 ?

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Turkey Huntsman

Anybody Parting Out a .44 or .45 R92 ?

Post by Turkey Huntsman »

My basket-case .44 R92 has been out of commission for over 2 years now. I finally obtained most of the parts I needed, but the last thing I now need is a BOLT. Rossi will only sell the complete bolt assembly, and of course that is assuming they have any in stock, which they don't.

I was told by former Navy Arms (pre-Braztech importer) gunsmith that the bolts for .44 and .45 are the same, basically interchangeable. Can anybody confirm that?

Where can I find a used bolt???

Thanks
TH
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Anybody Parting Out a .44 or .45 R92 ?

Post by Ranch Dog »

Turkey Huntsman wrote:Where can I find a used bolt???
Here is the curse of the Rossi, parts. Always has been and will only get worse. Start watching eBay. A bolt is not going to be cheap. There is one listed there now: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rossi-Model-M9 ... SwU1RZg4It

Honestly, you might be at the point where you are better off stripping it down to the sum of its parts and selling everything but the receiver on eBay. I've even seen serialized receivers sold on eBay, but I wouldn't do it as that would require an FFL transfer. Sell it on GunBroker or Gun Auctions.
Michael
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

There is a receiver for a different brand on eBay right now.

Tsk tsk
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

GasGuzzler wrote:There is a receiver for a different brand on eBay right now.

Tsk tsk
I had a friend buy a receiver for a Marlin 1893 last year at a great price. He blew his up with a double charge of Unique. I'm not sure who would be in trouble the seller or buyer, probably both.
Michael
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

I emailed you the link for giggles. I know the seller would be up the creek with both the ATF and eBay as well as PayPal. Good luck when PayPal freezes his bank account.

I did not post the link because too much attention and someone will drop a dime. I'd rather sit back and watch.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

GasGuzzler wrote:I emailed you the link for giggles. I know the seller would be up the creek with both the ATF and eBay as well as PayPal. Good luck when PayPal freezes his bank account.

I did not post the link because too much attention and someone will drop a dime. I'd rather sit back and watch.
Smart, all the do gooders are watching us crazy gun owners like a hawk.
Michael