Rossi 92s for sale

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
stevep1954

Re: Rossi 92s for sale

Post by stevep1954 »

a nice 16" .45 over on blade forums for sale, 500.00.
dalek

Post by dalek »

https://www.theoutpostarmory.com/produc ... 88776-2125
357 SS 20" barrel: $520 + $20 shipping
Mickey D

Post by Mickey D »

NEW old stock Rossi BrazTech 454 on GB.
No affiliation to this listing. FYI only.
OldGringo

Post by OldGringo »

Toole gun supply in Utah has a 20inch 357 stainless for $529 plus $10 shipping. I have bought a couple guns from them and they were great. They also have 2 Marlin 357s, for big bucks.
"Any behavior is instinctive if it is performed without being based upon prior experience", lever action guns are instinctive, anyone can pick it up and know how it works... a natural extension of the human arms. +guns
Arroyoshark
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Arroyoshark »

When sitting down to clean a gun, the first step is to load another gun - Elmer Keith
Conformist

Post by Conformist »

I bought mine when it was $30 less, but this seems like a pretty nice price. My M92 fit and finish is excellent. The cartridge stop inside the action is going to need some work, but otherwise I think it's a great rifle.

https://kygunco.com/Product/View?ItemNo=95118

ROSSI M92 CARBINE 357 MAG/38 SPL 20" STAINLESS 10RD
Availability: In Stock as of this posting
Cash / Text-A-Check Price : $534.99 shipping included
Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete. Rod Serling

Our people are to be so equipped that governmental protection of our freedoms is not necessary.
OldGringo

Post by OldGringo »

Toole still has a 92 in stainless 44 mag and circuit judges. They had several 357s just last week.

https://tooeleshootingsupply.com/produc ... tion-rifle
"Any behavior is instinctive if it is performed without being based upon prior experience", lever action guns are instinctive, anyone can pick it up and know how it works... a natural extension of the human arms. +guns
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Tiny local show had a 16" new model .45 Colt for $450. I don't want a new model or a short barrel so I moved on.

Found a new model in the box NOS .45 Colt blued 20". I might could look past the new model part (it would be tough) but not the $700 price tag private sale.

I know this is about Rossis but...

There's a .45 Colt Golden Boy locally for $650 that sounds better than the above choices although the brass is gaudy to me. Also saw a Marlin 39M octagon short barrel carbine for $1750.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
dlidster

Post by dlidster »

I examined a new Rossi R92 stainless .38/357 at my favorite dealer last week and I must say I was impressed. I have a five-year-old R92 that I've tweaked and tuned to the nth degree and a Browning B92, so I'm quite familiar with 92 details. I won't go into detail here, but there are subtle changes in the metal work -- all improvements. The wood isn't all that bad for what it is. (It lacks the shoe polish finish.) And, the wood-to-metal fit is good.

The barrel has a "Made by CBC" instead of "Made by Taurus" roll mark. I'd like to know what that means. The in-store price was $529, but I know from experience dealing with these folks I could buy it for less.

Edit: I believe I have the answer to my CBC question. Very interesting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Companhia ... _Cartuchos
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Thanks for the report. Not sure exactly the Taurus to CBC relationship but hopefully it will be for the better. A decade and a half ago, I bought a lifetime supply of MagTech (CBC) brass for my pistols; 25, 32, 380, and 45 Autos plus the 9mm Luger. It doesn't seem to be offered anymore, but it spoiled me as it is the best brass I have shot. I'm not sure I can wear it out so given that I bought crates of it, I guess I overbought for my lifetime.

I've also bought their pistol ammo in quantities for training where factory ammo is required. My number one choice for the 9mm Luger is their 9mm Luger 147-grain FMJ FP Subsonic. If you are competing with larger caliber pistols on knock down targets, this bullet and load will keep you in the game with the 9mm Luger without wearing you out over a thousand rounds.

Their 32 Auto 71-grain LRN is probably the best self-defense round I've shot for that cartridge. Back in the early BHO days when self defense pistol ammo got scarce about all, you could find on the shelf was 32 Auto. I became interested in testing these expensive offerings against my cast bullet that I designed for the role and included this bullet. Both in gell and water jugs, Magtech's simple lead bullet proved a more devasting wound channel against all the special offerings by Rem, Speer, Win, and others. The only thing that outclassed it was my mold offering.

Now, all I see offered as components are their brass shotshells.

Where all this leads is that I hope CBC and do something with the Rossi line.
Michael