two new Rossi 92's

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
GasGuzzler

Re: two new Rossi 92's

Post by GasGuzzler »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Nashville Stage wrote:
deadeye wrote:My 2017 .357 doen't have a hammer lock either. Are we talking about the firing pin block safety?
That's the one! I'm really surprised that Rossi is not installing it as it is mentioned in both the 2017 and '18 catalogs. Plus, they are involved in a Class Action lawsuit concerning a safety failure on their Millenium Pro pistols. I'm surprised that their lawyers have activated a recall. My guess this is an effort to pinch pennies and nothing to do with whether the customers like or dislike the lock.

I've been waiting for one of you guys with 2017s to slide the rear sight out of the dovetail and tell me if the rifles are drilled and tapped for the scope base. Eliminating the drilling & tapping in that they are no longer casting the base would save the three or four cents a rifle, filler screws would add three more cents to the cost.
Michael
Nashville Stage

Post by Nashville Stage »

Ranch Dog wrote: I've been waiting for one of you guys with 2017s to slide the rear sight out of the dovetail and tell me if the rifles are drilled and tapped for the scope base.
They are. The rear pair of holes are under the rear sight elevation adjustment block, and the front pair are hidden slightly further forward, just rearward of the dovetail.

Here's a photo of the rear pair on mine. The front pair aren't visible, but I've looked & confirmed that they're there.

severnsider

Post by severnsider »

sghart3578 wrote:Neither rifle came with the key lock that I had on my previous 92's.

The 45 Colt serial number comes up as being built in 2015. It is 5IN1803--. It is also a fine rifle but it is not as nice overall as the 357. But I am happy with both.

Steve in N CA
Just for info, my .357 stainless 20" s/n 51P190613 is stamped as having been through the proof test in the UK in 2015. It does have the hammer lock at the rear of the action.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Nashville Stage wrote:
Ranch Dog wrote: I've been waiting for one of you guys with 2017s to slide the rear sight out of the dovetail and tell me if the rifles are drilled and tapped for the scope base.
They are. The rear pair of holes are under the rear sight elevation adjustment block, and the front pair are hidden slightly further forward, just rearward of the dovetail.

Here's a photo of the rear pair on mine. The front pair aren't visible, but I've looked & confirmed that they're there.
Thank you for the information!
Michael