M92 parts and screws

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
deadeye

M92 parts and screws

Post by deadeye »

https://jack-first-gun-parts.myshopify. ... ever-rifle

I found a missing screw for my rifle at Jack First Gun Parts. I shouldn't have to buy the screw for a new gun but Kentucky Gun and Rossi don't seem to be in a hurry to find and send me the part I need (breech pin hole cover). There are a lot of Rossi screws and other small parts for sale. Shipping prices are high.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: M92 parts and screws

Post by Ranch Dog »

Thanks for the link.
Michael
dlidster

Post by dlidster »

Having experienced similar events more often than I care admit I have found blue LocTite to be my friend. I apply it to every screw I can reach. It holds reliably but does not interfere with removing the screw when required.

A confession: I hadn't applied it to the pin hole screw on my two 92s (Rossi & Browning). I found it easy to turn with my fingernail on both. Today I'm giving them the LocTite treatment. I'm sorry for your pain. You did alert me to a situation I never anticipated.
deadeye

Post by deadeye »

dlidster wrote:Having experienced similar events more often than I care admit I have found blue LocTite to be my friend. I apply it to every screw I can reach. It holds reliably but does not interfere with removing the screw when required.

A confession: I hadn't applied it to the pin hole screw on my two 92s (Rossi & Browning). I found it easy to turn with my fingernail on both. Today I'm giving them the LocTite treatment. I'm sorry for your pain. You did alert me to a situation I never anticipated.
Thanks, in this case I noticed the screw was missing when I got it home from the gun shop/range where I picked it up. It either wasn't installed at all or worked its way out during only about 75 shots at the range. Since I had heard of various issues these guns can have, I was concerned with function, sharp edges, fit, finish, and so forth. I never thought about checking all the screws -- lesson learned.
dlidster

Post by dlidster »

deadeye wrote:https://jack-first-gun-parts.myshopify. ... ever-rifle

I found a missing screw for my rifle at Jack First Gun Parts . . .
Many thanks for this lead. I immediately ordered about $60 worth of very small parts that I'm more likely to drop on the floor than break. Whatever. With these in my parts box I'm sure I'll be safer. Just as I would be carrying an umbrella to offset the chances for rain.
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

Good find OP, thanks for sharing
deadeye

Post by deadeye »

Update - screw arrived and it fits. They sent shipping notifications so I knew when it was delivered. You can trust Jack First gun parts for M92 parts.