More 20" round barrel .357s in stock

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Nashville Stage

More 20" round barrel .357s in stock

Post by Nashville Stage »

deadeye

Re: More 20" round barrel .357s in stock

Post by deadeye »

If anyone has an FFL, that stainless one can be turned around for $750 on Gun Broker
TinMan
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by TinMan »

Gone.... :arrow: ....I really hope they did not go to some scalper lookin to make a buck.x :|
"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."
George Orwell

"Fight only when you must. But if it's unavoidable.....fight like your the third monkey trying to get on the Ark."
sghart3578

Post by sghart3578 »

Thanks for the heads up. I bought one of the 20" blued models.

A few years ago I had a bad experience (actually two) with Rossi. It left a bad taste in my mouth.

But I have been wanting a 92 in 45 Colt for a while. I finally saw one at my LGS here in Sacramento. I looked it over very well. And I bought it.

After cleaning it up and doing the ejector spring mod and deburring I have to say that it is a shooter.

I don't know, maybe it is the slower twist rate, but it really likes a Lee 452-200-RF as cast over 7.5 gr of Bullseye.

My success with this latest Rossi gave me the confidence to try one in 357. Plus the folks at Toele were very nice and they already had my local FFL info on file, making it very easy. I'm in California so the transaction is a little more complicated.

The folks at Toele said to look it over real well before I do the transfer. If I see anything wrong just ship it back.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Steve in N CA
Nashville Stage

I picked up my 20" blued yesterday from my FFL, and I'm quite happy so far. The fit & finish is good, the bluing is perfect, and the wood looks really nice. Heck, the stocks on my new 10/22s have sharper edges than this Rossi. It cycles A-zoom aluminum .357 snap caps with no issues at all. Boy, that sucker has a strong ejection! :) The action is smooth except for the portion where the lever is almost fully in battery, but I'm sure that will break in. There's only one screw that was slightly buggered up; I think it's the setscrew for the magazine end cap by the muzzle. It's not visibly bad, just rough to the touch. The loading gate on mine has some brass-colored streaks on it, so I'm guessing it was test-shot (or at least test-cycled) at the factory. I'll get some photos posted of the rifle once I've had a chance to open it up, clean it out, and inspect it.
Nashville Stage

I posted a bunch of photos from my new Rossi here:
http://www.rossi-rifleman.com/viewtopic ... 921#p56918