New Rossi's?

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
deadeye

Re: New Rossi's?

Post by deadeye »

I think Henry rifles were designed about 20 years ago to look like what some people would think is a cool cowboy rifle. Original designs and light weight were not priorities. Unlike early lever actions, modern henrys were not designed to be a working man's gun. I believe they are quality firearms, but I have no interest.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

That's funny because the looks are what known for. I've asked on big forums if anyone has put 4+ digits worth of manly loads down one and the answer is echoes and tumbleweeds.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
GRV01
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by GRV01 »

GasGuzzler wrote:That's funny because the looks are what known for. I've asked on big forums if anyone has put 4+ digits worth of manly loads down one and the answer is echoes and tumbleweeds.
Hah, and i believe it. Most of tgose Henrys are mantle pieces
No thin chicks
Currently reloading: 38 SPL, 357 MAG
Rossi's Owned: M92 .357 20"(Owned by Wifey: M92 .357 16")
deadeye

Post by deadeye »

GRV01 wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:That's funny because the looks are what known for. I've asked on big forums if anyone has put 4+ digits worth of manly loads down one and the answer is echoes and tumbleweeds.
Hah, and i believe it. Most of tgose Henrys are mantle pieces
Absolutely! The way Henry floods the market with them I'm actually surprised they maintain any value. Most big box stores the only levers for sale are Henrys, either in 22 or centerfire.
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by rondog »

Oldman11 wrote:Just wondering if I need to get another 92,I have four already. I know were there are three that’s been setting for awhile,a .44mag and two .357’s. Wondering if I need them for an investment or not?
Hell yes! Go fetch! If you can afford to, by all means do!
BCRider

Post by BCRider »

So back to the original subject.... Rossi is making 92's again? Are you seeing them showing up in stores in the US? There's none on the radar up this way and a few months back a store worker that normally sold them said that they would not be getting any more.
Number10GI

Post by Number10GI »

GasGuzzler wrote:A store in the next town over has two new style blue 44s, one 16" one 20" but they are not NIB, just consignment I think. One is $499 and one is $450.
$600 is an outer space price.
It's called supply and demand.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Number10GI wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:A store in the next town over has two new style blue 44s, one 16" one 20" but they are not NIB, just consignment I think. One is $499 and one is $450.
No, it's called get rich or die trying prices.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Number10GI

Post by Number10GI »

GasGuzzler wrote:
Number10GI wrote:
No, it's called get rich or die trying prices.
I can remember when new luxury cars cost about $2,500, now a nice luxury car will cost $45,000 and up but they still sell them. The car companies have gotten rich and are still alive.

If and when Rossi gets production going again I don't expect to see $400 guns. That might have been the price a couple years ago but like everything else prices go up. Try buying Henry, Marlin or any of the other lever gun brands, you won't find anything for $400. It might turn out where that "$600 outer space price" will be a bargain.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Try pickups. Bought my first new pickup in '78, loaded for $2500. According to the US Inflation Calculator that is the same as $9500 today, Yet, the same truck would cost me $24,000 today.
Michael