what would you pay???

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.

Re: what would you pay???

Postby GasGuzzler » 16 Dec 2017 07

There is no Ruger of lever guns since Ruger quit making them. Henry cares about appearance first, proprietary design second, function third.

The only new guns I am interested in are the ones you assemble from scratch. At least you know what's in there.....
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
GasGuzzler
Supporter
Supporter

My Rossi Choice: Revolver

Postby Ranch Dog » 16 Dec 2017 08

GasGuzzler wrote:There is no Ruger of lever guns since Ruger quit making them. Henry cares about appearance first, proprietary design second, function third.

The only new guns I am interested in are the ones you assemble from scratch. At least you know what's in there.....

I'm not a Ruger fan, they could make a levergun and I would not buy it.
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Rossi Choice: Rio Grande

Postby Sarge » 16 Dec 2017 09

Ranch Dog wrote:
GRV01 wrote:In a somewhat related note im considering buying my levers in the future from a different company that offers better support, but who is the Ruger of leverguns in this day and age? :(

I would say at this point, Henry. I'm surprised that Mossberg hasn't ventured into the 92 market or expand their 94 clones into additional cartridge offerings. I've even thought that Rossi would be a good fit for Mossberg, bring them to Eagle Pass, TX.

Amen to that.
Sarge

My Rossi Choice: M92

Postby GRV01 » 16 Dec 2017 10

Ranch Dog wrote:
GRV01 wrote:In a somewhat related note im considering buying my levers in the future from a different company that offers better support, but who is the Ruger of leverguns in this day and age? :(

I would say at this point, Henry. I'm surprised that Mossberg hasn't ventured into the 92 market or expand their 94 clones into additional cartridge offerings. I've even thought that Rossi would be a good fit for Mossberg, bring them to Eagle Pass, TX.

Ive mentioned before that if Henry made a side load gate id own three. I get that its not rhat big a deal, and that Henrys are good rifles, and that im not fighting off bandits and dont need to quick reload from the belt but ehhh, its just a bridge too far for me

But man, id love it if a good company picked up Rossi, or just expanded their own line to compete in the growing vacuum Taurus is creating from Rossi mismanagement
No thin chicks
Currently reloading: 38 SPL, 357 MAG
Rossi's Owned: M92 .357 20"(Owned by Wifey: M92 .357 16")
GRV01
Supporter
Supporter

Postby okstatefan » 16 Dec 2017 21

I would love to the a M92 come out of Mossberg at Eagle Pass.
okstatefan

Postby GasGuzzler » 17 Dec 2017 05

Ranch Dog wrote:I'm not a Ruger fan, they could make a levergun and I would not buy it.

I can see that. You're a hunter and therefore mostly a rifle man. I like handguns so I am a Ruger fan. Only Ruger rifle I have is rimfire, another no-no for RD.

If Ruger made a lever gun again I might buy one ten years later when the price came down.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
GasGuzzler
Supporter
Supporter

My Rossi Choice: Revolver

Postby kingstrider » 17 Dec 2017 07

Glad I missed that one. Still kicking myself for passing on a stainless 16" 454 at GM last year. Seems like they wanted just over $500 which I didn't have, should have put it in layaway.
kingstrider

Postby desertrider » 17 Dec 2017 13

GasGuzzler wrote:
Ranch Dog wrote:I'm not a Ruger fan, they could make a levergun and I would not buy it.

I can see that. You're a hunter and therefore mostly a rifle man. I like handguns so I am a Ruger fan. Only Ruger rifle I have is rimfire, another no-no for RD.

If Ruger made a lever gun again I might buy one ten years later when the price came down.

Agreed. I own four different Ruger handguns and all with the exception of my 22/45 have been GTG from day one. My 22/45 was really picky about ammo, and even after a steady diet of HV ammo, it wasn't until after I switched out the stock extractor with a Volquartsen that it became reliable.

The stock extractor is on the left.

I've owned a few 10/22's over the last forty years, but have sold them all off. Currently my only Ruger long arm is a Mini 14 Ranch. All reliable as a bag of hammers.
desertrider

Postby OldGringo » 15 Jan 2018 11

I have a stainless model 92 in 454 and prefer it for a fun gun over dozens in the safe. I have had a want to buy add and a search posted on Armslist for about 2 years and have not had one reply. If you find a 454, buy it or send me a note. I am guessing you will not get one for less than maybe $750. Mine works great with 45 colt so either cartridge is fine for plinking. I searched nearly 3 years and just found a stainless 16 inch in 357 last week. Just for your info. Rossi could sell the krap out of them in 357 and 454 if they would just tool up.
OldGringo

Postby OldGringo » 15 Jan 2018 11

Ranch Dog. I am curious why you are not a fan of the Ruger single actions. I own several from 22-45 and always found them perfect in everyway. I also own other single actions, they just will not handle the hotter loads. And having the handguns in 357 and 45 colt compliment my Rossis. Just curious.
OldGringo

PreviousNext

Return to 92