Amadeo Rossi 357 Octagon found for sale

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
GRV01
250 Shots
250 Shots

Amadeo Rossi 357 Octagon found for sale

Post by GRV01 »

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/714534044

For thise looking for both a pre-Taurus Rossi and/or an octagon barrel this fellow has one for sale for a decent price. Pics show some wear but no hard use from what i can tell

Stil holding my breath that Taurus decides to make octagons again sometime soon
No thin chicks
Currently reloading: 38 SPL, 357 MAG
Rossi's Owned: M92 .357 20"(Owned by Wifey: M92 .357 16")
dionesius3

Re: Amadeo Rossi 357 Octagon found for sale

Post by dionesius3 »

From what I am reading Taurus and Rossi may not be linked together for much longer.
It seems as if some entity has offered to purchase Rossi and it's plant. Not sure what their plans for the future are but it seems to be in the area of reproduction firearms. Which would be a good thing I think. Rossi is sending out Product managers and sales people which they haven't done in many years. So who knows what the future holds.
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

Those octagon barrels seem to be the hot ticket, its been like that as long as Ive been collecting them. It would be nice to see a company take over and produce a better gun. Thanks for the heads up.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

dionesius3 wrote:From what I am reading Taurus and Rossi may not be linked together for much longer.
It seems as if some entity has offered to purchase Rossi and it's plant. Not sure what their plans for the future are but it seems to be in the area of reproduction firearms. Which would be a good thing I think. Rossi is sending out Product managers and sales people which they haven't done in many years. So who knows what the future holds.
Do you have any specific references, I would like to ready more.
Michael
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by rondog »

dionesius3 wrote:From what I am reading Taurus and Rossi may not be linked together for much longer.
Source please! A lot of us wanna know more!
jdl447

Post by jdl447 »

Yes more information pray tell. Inquiring minds want to know.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

One was listed on the Marlin forum last night and it sold in an hour for $400.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by rondog »

GasGuzzler wrote:One was listed on the Marlin forum last night and it sold in an hour for $400.
The buyer backed out because the receiver finish is blemished, and the seller pulled it off the market - says he's thinking about refinishing it now. If I had the money I'd buy that speckled pup as-is! Blemishes don't bother me much, and I'd love to have a 20" octagonal .357!