Sight Options for Older Rossi

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
RickinVA

Sight Options for Older Rossi

Post by RickinVA »

New to me Interarms SRC. This is mainly a fun-gun and a don't want to spend a lot of money on sights, but would like to improve. I've looked at Steve's rebuild for $125 and perhaps one day if I have the money I'll consider that as they look really nice. I'll probably paint the front sight, but curious what others have done especially modifying the existing sights. Thanks.
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Re: Sight Options for Older Rossi

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Haven't done anything with the 357 yet, but my 45 Colt (20" octagonal) is wearing a Marble new style tang with the factory front painted yellow at the moment. Using a tang sight on the older guns can be a problem as I don't many of them came drilled and taped for them. I like my tangs, extra radius and the rear sight closer to the eye helps the old eyes hit stuff.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
GasGuzzler

Re: Sight Options for Older Rossi

Post by GasGuzzler »

Mine's old too so it has better sights than the new ones but replacing the front sight requires surgery since it's part of the front band. I'm leaving mine. It's fine.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.