R92 Availability?

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
RickinVA

R92 Availability?

Post by RickinVA »

I spoke with someone at Braztech last spring who said they should be back in stores this fall. This morning I got someone who clearly had no idea who said distributors have them. I've combed the internet and there are few if any out there. Anyone got any better info.? I'm looking for a 20", blue, .357, but would consider any .357 other than the 16". Also, may consider a .44 Mag. and would appreciate hearing you experience with one. Thanks.
RickinVA

Re: R92 Availability?

Post by RickinVA »

Posted this question on Bud's and was told the factory update would continue throughout 2017 with rifles likely available in the first quarter of 2018. Oh well...
m-saunoras

Post by m-saunoras »

I searched for 2 years for any form of a 92 .357 before I found one on Saturday. I went to every gun store and gun show I could possibly attend and I never so much as heard anyone even mention how to get one.

The only thing I can say is don't give up. The one I just bought has 2017 etched on it so they are being made. The gun store I found it in was in a more urban area and there probably wasn't much demand.

The 44 mag recoils noticeably harder than the 357. I can only shoot the 44 maybe 50-75 times before my shoulder doesn't like me anymore.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

I found mine from a guy selling other cals at an outdoor bazaar type sale. He had one stashed at home in my home town.

Problem was I passed on it three years before at $380 because it was a Rossi. Paid a lot more later.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I have noticed that the RossiUSA website has been updated and does a better job of reflecting what is available than does the 2017 catalog. For instance, they only list the various models chambered in 45 Colt. Also the term "Rio Grande" does not exist on their website. Several models of revolvers listed in the catalog are gone.
Michael
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

RickinVA wrote:. . . Also, may consider a .44 Mag. and would appreciate hearing you experience with one. Thanks.
I'm a big fan of the .44 Mag R92. I originally purchased mine as the companion carbine to a revolver, and have been very satisfied. I think part of the reason for my happiness is that I shoot primarily .44 Special. I load for about 900 fps from a 4 inch revolver, and get about 1100 fps from the 16 inch Rossi. It's got plenty of punch, not much recoil, stays subsonic, and makes very tight groups. .44 Mag has more recoil, but a lot more authority. The slow twist rate of the Rossi is a drawback for heavy bullets, but for 240 Gr, it works just fine.
blaze

Post by blaze »

I looked for a model 92 (R) in 357 mag for a long time. Asked about availability on other sites/auctions, no good solutions. Then, recently, one came up on GB (16" 357 mag), new with a buy it now price of $499.99. There were other bids, but I decided to "bite the bullet" and pay the "buy it now" price. Got the rifle and couldn't be happier. A long wait but worth it.
Oldman11

Post by Oldman11 »

There is one 92 in .357,two in .45lc and I think there are four in .44 mag in Winfield ,Louisiana pawn shop. I looked at them this morning and started to buy one of the .44 mags. I already have a .480 and .357.
RickinVA

Post by RickinVA »

Thanks all. Found a .357 SRC on Guns International.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Can't wait for pics.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.