R92 Availability?

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
cazio

Re: R92 Availability?

Post by cazio »

I know a shop here in WV has a couple, I picked up a new old stock stainless 20" in 45 a month or so ago. He had a few different calibers on the rack then but not sure now. Sandhill guns in Elm Grove WV.
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by rondog »

What - Rossi's are coming back???? Really?
GRV01
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by GRV01 »

As long as i can find a new 44mag stainless when im done with training and we finish our move this time next year ill be happy :)
No thin chicks
Currently reloading: 38 SPL, 357 MAG
Rossi's Owned: M92 .357 20"(Owned by Wifey: M92 .357 16")
severnsider

Post by severnsider »

Good day all. New to this forum (although I've been making regular visits). I think I might have been lucky to pick up a new 20" stainless M92 in .38/.357 just last month in the UK. Maybe old stock, but all the woodwork fits nicely, the action is smooth and the trigger sensibly light. I'm really pleased with it - even the sights needed no adjustment, so it seems like a good one which has emerged from the factory. The "semi buckhorn" rear sight is a bit on the large side for target shooting, so I've ordered a Skinner to replace it. Four days to reach the UK, but now it's stuck in Customs at the airport where it will no doubt languish for four weeks or more........ :evil:
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by rondog »

No, seriously y'all - what's going on? What's this about a "factory update" and are they really going to be coming back? :shock:

I'd LOVE to get an R92 in .357, preferably a long one w/ octagonal barrel, but I'll take what I can get. Is there really a chance they may be available in the near future?

Seriously, if someone knows something real here, some REAL NEWS about this, please share!!!!
If it's been mentioned before, I missed it.

If this is true, I need to start peddling brass and building up a New Rifle Fund. I've got a boatload of brass I can sell and get a helluva start on it! +guns +guns
JRexA

Post by JRexA »

severnsider wrote:Good day all. New to this forum (although I've been making regular visits). I think I might have been lucky to pick up a new 20" stainless M92 in .38/.357 just last month in the UK. Maybe old stock, but all the woodwork fits nicely, the action is smooth and the trigger sensibly light. I'm really pleased with it - even the sights needed no adjustment, so it seems like a good one which has emerged from the factory. The "semi buckhorn" rear sight is a bit on the large side for target shooting, so I've ordered a Skinner to replace it. Four days to reach the UK, but now it's stuck in Customs at the airport where it will no doubt languish for four weeks or more........ :evil:
They are also easy to find, in Germany and Denmark. 8-)

But that doesn't help our American friends. :?
Happy Shooting from Greenland
Jesper Rex
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

rondog wrote:Seriously, if someone knows something real here, some REAL NEWS about this, please share!!!! [/b]If it's been mentioned before, I missed it.
If you are waiting for "Real News," such as an announcement from the marketing leadership in Brazil, that isn't going to happen. They, Braztech, have never communicated with their Rossi customers base.
Michael
RickinVA

Post by RickinVA »

Don't know how "real" it is, but I was told by someone at Rossi CS several months ago there was some sort of factory merger going on and that 92's would be available this fall. This was confirmed by someone on the Bud's Gunshop site saying they wouldn't be available until 2018. So it sounds like it's going to happen, but don't hold your breath. I found what I wanted on GI and paid more than I wanted. The lack of CS from Braztech/Taurus is truly amazing.
dalek

Post by dalek »

dvw86

Post by dvw86 »

One (a Puma) in Spokane with 400 rounds of ammo.

http://www.spokaneguntrader.com/viewtop ... 3&t=117631