Factory Ammo Brand

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Magnum .44

Factory Ammo Brand

Post by Magnum .44 »

HI Guys

I'm from Australia, I'm in the process of obtaining my firearms license. I have ordered a 065 in .44 Magnum 20" barrel stainless. Sellier & Bellot are a common offering here in this calibre and especially available at my local gun shop.

On there site it claims the same figures as American Eagle. Does anyone here shoot it through their guns?
GasGuzzler

Re: Factory Ammo Brand

Post by GasGuzzler »

When I buy ammunition (other than rimfire) my main cause of choice is the brass for use later.

Either of the two you mention are fine in my experience.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Factory Ammo Brand

Post by Archer »

I've shot S&B in other firearms.
They are in my experience decent for range fodder and better than a lot. Probably on par with U.S. plinking stuff.
U.S. hunting or premium ammo tends to be a mite better IMO.

I'd probably go with Federal in terms of brass and Winchester in terms of price and availability.
The first 10-12 years I ran .44 Magnum I think I bought exactly 2 boxes of ammo. I had a bunch of components from buying a buddy's reloading equipment and there were a couple three thousand bullets and about 500 to 1000 cases plus about 8 pounds of 2400 along with a Dillon SDB set up for .44 in the mix. It took a little while to whittle it down.