Info re XS sight thread form

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
pistolcalrookie

Info re XS sight thread form

Post by pistolcalrookie »

Hello from Australia gents.
Hoping that someone may be able to assist re the thread used by XS Sights for the rear aperture of the receiver sight they make for the '92/94 etc.

Reason I ask is that after parting out a totally knackered '94 I have the sight assembly [which will not fit a '92] and was thinking of replacing the lawyer safety on my carbine with a plug internally threaded to accept the XS aperture.

I have approx .060" excess diameter so reckon I could internally thread a steel plug, coarse elevation would be adjusted by front sight height and also windage by front sight.

It would be good to be able to fine tune elevation by screwing the rear up/down by half a turn and I reckon a tiny bit of low strength loctite would surely keep it from moving during use.

I am attempting to avoid spending $$$ but also in Australia it is difficult to source an XS sight, I have one on my 20" '92 and that had to be sent via a mate in Nashville, lots of BS and an inconvenience to him.

I have no illusions re obtaining a tap for a reasonable price in Australia but ordering direct from the US should be doable.

Would appreciate any assistance.
pistolcalrookie

Re: Info re XS sight thread form

Post by pistolcalrookie »

12x56 !
I had a semi educated guess including looking at the screw through an electronics assembly microscope camera thingy owned be a mate of mine.
Bugger of a thing to find in Australia, received today ex JTS Machinery & Supply Co in Mentor Ohio via a mate in Nashville.
Part # 1-372-066 @ US$ 16.26 incl postage to Nashville.
I will let you blokes know how it goes when I get around to doing the job.