Removed My Brass Bead

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
plaidad

Removed My Brass Bead

Post by plaidad »

The large brass bead on my R92 covers up most of the target at 50 yards. As an experiment, I removed the bead and painted the sight blade white. I haven't had a chance to try it yet. Has anyone one else done this? How did it work for you?
Thanks,
George
Deleted User 327

Re: Removed My Brass Bead

Post by Deleted User 327 »

Marbles makes both a large 3/16" and small 1/16" brass bead front sight for our Rossis. I tried one of each, the 1/16" on my 24" rifle and the 3/16" on my 20" carbine. I really like the smaller 1/16" bead on my rifles and when I picked up a Mossberg 464, it also had a small bead Marbles front sight on it from the factory. Like you, I found the 3/16" bead too big. Coupled with a tang rear sight, I shoot my 357mag Rossi rifle at 300yd steel hogs.
plaidad

Post by plaidad »

Finally got a chance to try out my Bubba front sight. The white paint on the sight blade shows up well, and I was able to see the target and shoot better at 50 yards. I'm calling this a success.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

COSteve wrote:Marbles makes both a large 3/16" and small 1/16" brass bead front sight for our Rossis.
By "our" I bet you mean "our <new style> Rossis".
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.